The following is a list of items requested to added to Avant. We are trying to keep this list as definitive as possible, but if an item was requested along with others, it might not have made it on the list. (As that is against the rules below)
Please keep in mind that we here at the forum have absolutely no control over what is added in the next version... that is decided by Avant's sole developer, Anderson Che. But, having a place to go where requests can be easily found can help as a gauge of what is popular.
How to use the Requests List
This should be pretty simple. The lists have been divided up into topics. The topics are listed right below. Each request has been summed up by a short phrase and those have been placed in alphabetical order. You can find out if your request has been mentioned before by:
- Clicking on the topic you think it would fall under and scrolling
- Using the search bar of CTRL+F to find a word that your request relates to
Finally, if you feel that some of these requests would be better placed under a different topic, click on my name and send my a private message. If necessary, we'll stick under two. The goal here is to keep everything easy to find, get ideas from everyone, and make the forum smaller and easier to navigate. , so any help/suggestions are always appreciated.
Editing / Encoding
Favorites / Groups / Feeds
Programming / Interface
Search & AvantFind.com
Security / Blockers
Sidebar / Splitter Bar
Toolbars #1 - 3rd Party Toolbars and Program Integration
Toolbars #2 - Avant's Toolbars, New Buttons, & New Items
Operating System Integration - Windows & Non-Windows
How to submit a request to be added to the list
- Check the list! - If your post something that has already been requested, your thread will most likely be merged with the appropriate thread. Although, if the merge function isn't working or if a moderator just doesn't feel like moving it (;) ), it might just be locked and deleted. So again, check the list!
- Post single requests only - One request per thread. Pretty simple. Also, it makes keeping the thread on topic easier.
- Use descriptive titles - Short but sweet, "Dancing, Singing, Monkey when page loads" is much better than "M05T awEsomESt ReQuest EVER DOOD!" (No, it really is.)
- Keep in mind that no one is here to organize - We do our best, but if you can't take the time to help us out, don't expect us to help you out. As you can see below, the list is huge, which means the forum is even bigger! Help us keep its size down by following these rules!