Tabs Jumping to End[resolved]

These archives contain old topics that were moved here to prevent clutter in the forums. These threads may still contain some useful information.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

RussellStephens
Avant Version:

Tabs Jumping to End[resolved]

Post by RussellStephens » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:23 pm

I have noticed something with the tab bar. When a new tab is opened next to the current tab, the tab that follows the new tab goes to the end. This doesn't happen everytime a new tab is opened. Has anyone noticed this before? Is there a solution to stop this from happening? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Russell Stephens

Logan
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Logan » Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:35 pm

This has been reported before. It is not known at this time what causes it and no workaround has been found. I have found though that it happen less frequently with the newer versions than it did when the problem first appeared.

jis
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: WXPPSP3, WVHPSP2, W7U64
Avant Version: 11.7.0.46SR
IE Version: 8

Post by jis » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:27 am

Logan wrote:This has been reported before. It is not known at this time what causes it and no workaround has been found. I have found though that it happen less frequently with the newer versions than it did when the problem first appeared.
I don't agree with you that it happen less frequently with the newer versions than it did when the problem first appeared. For me this bug is here just from implementing function "Create new tab next to the current tab" so far. It is very annoying.
Avant user since the year 2003.

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:46 pm

Quote: "Create new tab next to the current tab" so far. It is very annoying.

jis.....Do you have this option checked or unchecked?

jis
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by jis » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:03 am

Pip wrote:Quote: "Create new tab next to the current tab" so far. It is very annoying.

Checked, why did you asked? If you don't trust me, see for example this thread.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:11 am

habs wrote:I noticed a bug in 9.01 Beta 3 (which may exist simply because it's a beta; I'm guess it'll be fixed by the final version?). Basically, if I have multiple tabs open, and if I middle-click on a link in a page and the new tab opens next to the current one (not at the end), the new tab "bumps" the tab to the right and puts the old "bumped" tab to the end of the tab-bar!!

For example, let's say I have the following tabs open (in order):
CNN, BBC, CBC, TSN, ESPN.

Let's say I middle-click on a link in the BBC tab. The resulting tab-bar now looks like the following:

CNN, BBC, New BBC Tab, TSN, ESPN, CBC

As you can see, CBC gets "bumped" all the way to the end. Can others replicate this bug?
This quote is from here and concerns a Beta, but the example was good and the problem is the same, so I'm posting it here. There's a handful of other threads about this issue, so let's consolidate and make this one the "official".

To jis - The other posts were easy to find since you stayed on top of it. Thanks :)

The other threads are here, here, here, and here if you care to peruse.

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by Pip » Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:39 am

jis wrote:
Pip wrote:Quote: "Create new tab next to the current tab" so far. It is very annoying.

It was merely a question to see what the conditions were on your system when the problem occurs.......Trusting you or not trusting had nothing to do with it.........and there is no need for sarcasm!!

jis
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by jis » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:37 pm

Pip wrote:
jis wrote:

It was merely a question to see what the conditions were on your system when the problem occurs.......Trusting you or not trusting had nothing to do with it.........and there is no need for sarcasm!!
Ok, sorry for sarcasm Pip. But with quick searching in forum you should get your answer immediately. I am not so often in AB forum and it took 5 days to answer for me. And those 5 days this thread was ended with your question and look like some other threads, where some users are whining about nonexistent problems. But this is really another case.

There is no need for double exclamation, too. Thanks.
We both try to help AB be better, aren't we?

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by Pip » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:30 pm

jis wrote: I don't agree with you that it happen less frequently with the newer versions than it did when the problem first appeared. For me this bug is here just from implementing function "Create new tab next to the current tab" so far. It is very annoying.

Ok jis.....sorry my "simple" search missed your statement about implementing the function. If I would have seen that I wouldn't have asked you that question.

jis wrote: And those 5 days this thread was ended with your question and look like some other threads, where some users are whining about nonexistent problems. But this is really another case.

I don't see the connection here between my post and this statement. Please enlighten me. And yes, we are both trying to make AB better.

I hope you get your solution soon.....No sarcasm this time from me or double exclamation points..... :wink:

Logan
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avant Version:

Post by Logan » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:18 am

I stated earlier in this thread the the problem happened less with the newer versions but with the last couple they seem to be happening more for me. You are right jis this is very annoying and I hope that this can get fixed soon. If I not paying attention and go to close a tab that is no longer needed sometimes it has moved and I close it turns out to be the wrong one. This can get very annoying when the tabs are all from the same site and the tab text doesn't differ between tabs.

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe
Windows Version: 10 64-bit
Avant Version: 2018 Build 7 USB
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.51.14393.0
Skin: Dream

Re: Tabs Jumping to End

Post by Dreamer » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:44 pm

RussellStephens wrote:I have noticed something with the tab bar. When a new tab is opened next to the current tab, the tab that follows the new tab goes to the end. This doesn't happen everytime a new tab is opened. Has anyone noticed this before? Is there a solution to stop this from happening? Your help is greatly appreciated.
In the latest version (10.0 build 029) this problem/bug is still here...

When I found this feature I was very happy, now I'm disappointed that it's not working properly :(

Could you fix this bug, please ?

Thank you very much.

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe

Post by Dreamer » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:22 pm

Why this is not under bugs...?

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:28 pm

Since there's no definitive list for these bugs, many time the question gets answered where it was originally postsed and nobody even looks at where it is at. You're right, though. It should be moved.

I moved it from Help to Bug Report.

hornakapopolis

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe

Post by Dreamer » Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:49 pm

Thank you hornakapopolis, that was fast!

Hope, it will be fixed soon now...

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:01 pm

No problem... I know we might look organized, but the location really doesn't matter that much. Hopefully, it does get fixed, though.

Dreamer
Avantic Deluxe
Avantic Deluxe

Post by Dreamer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Finally fixed in build 133, thank you very much Anderson :D

(For any moderator, could you change the name of this thread - add [resolved] or [fixed] ... ?)