Various reported Orca problems

Orca bug reports go here, and only here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mathman
Avantic
Avantic
Windows Version: 10 (64 bit)
Avant Version: 2016 utimate latest
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: Crystal (may vary)

Various reported Orca problems

Post by mathman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Over the last several months I have reported many nuisance problems with Orca. Recently I got on a new computer using Windows 7. The old computer uses Windows XP. So far I have not experienced any of these problems on the new computer. Was Orca developed on Windows 7? This could explain the difference.

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Various reported Orca problems

Post by Jasmine » Thu May 12, 2011 8:11 am

Orca v1.2.6 comes before win7, but it should work on win7.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Jasmine wrote:Orca v1.2.6 comes before win7, but it should work on win7.
My question is sort of the opposite. I have many fewer problems with Orca on Windows 7 than I had with XP.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm

what version of windows 7 do you have example home premium you can get it with 32 bit and 64 bit. I have to install my new puter but i chose 64. the dude said to get that because i am getting more into online gaming and the 64 bit doesnot work with alot of applacations . :)

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Sun May 15, 2011 9:06 pm

The only information I have is Windows 7 build 7601, service pack 1. Someone else set it up for me, so I am not sure whether it is 32 or 64 bit, but if I had to guess it would be 64.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Sun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

can you call this guy who set it up 32 bit will work for pretty much any program.As i said the 64 bit doesnot work well for alot of programs . 1 find out if it is 32 bit .2 if is 32 bit then you should have have to manny problems . IF 64 bit that could be your problem. :)

mathman
Avantic
Avantic

Post by mathman » Wed May 18, 2011 4:06 am

I have a 64 bit operating system. The computer is HPE-400Z (Hewlett-Packard)

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 pm

So the computer you have does it have it's own drivers. The one i am useing right now was vista and acer .IT cost me $ 599 plus tax and they never even gave me the vista disk they gave me a disk but the only this was the name 's of all the versions of vista and said buy one of these verions the price for those cost way to much money. So i went out and bought a copy of XP now i had one built only i picked everything all the parts .I intend to set it up tomorrow i have had now ready to go all is set up except a few little things like messenger and the like. It cost $836 bugs and they gave me windows 7 the disk i have not installed in place of this one due to the flu :thumbup:

Banz
Windows Version: 8 Pro - 64 bits
Avant Version: Ulti 2013 build 108
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16599
Skin: Aero Glass

Post by Banz » Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 am

I'm experiencing lots of issues with Orca Browser lately... I have Windows 7 Professionnal 64bits, but i was using it for one year and i didn't have much problem before.
Now OB refuses to load any single website, when i click on OB's icon it justs opens and does nothing. I tried to run it with a Windows Vista compatibility mode, but it changed nothing.
Avant Browser still works perfectly thought.
OB last version is 16 months old, will they be new updates in the future or has the project been put in standby mode ?

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Tue May 24, 2011 2:53 am

Banz wrote:I'm experiencing lots of issues with Orca Browser lately... I have Windows 7 Professionnal 64bits, but i was using it for one year and i didn't have much problem before.
Now OB refuses to load any single website, when i click on OB's icon it justs opens and does nothing. I tried to run it with a Windows Vista compatibility mode, but it changed nothing.
OB last version is 16 months old, will they be new updates in the future or has the project been put in standby mode ?
Had you install any add-ons before this happened?
We will integrate orca into Avant

Banz
Windows Version: 8 Pro - 64 bits
Avant Version: Ulti 2013 build 108
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 10.0.9200.16599
Skin: Aero Glass

Post by Banz » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:41 pm

xiaobing wrote:
Banz wrote:I'm experiencing lots of issues with Orca Browser lately... I have Windows 7 Professionnal 64bits, but i was using it for one year and i didn't have much problem before.
Had you install any add-ons before this happened?
We will integrate orca into Avant
No I hadn't.
Eventually I had to reinstall my computer for an other reason, and now Orca Works.
However, there is an other problem that i've experienced numerous times and that i can't explain : sometimes when I open Orca Browser, it has forgotten all my settings, bookmarks, etc... It comes back to the default settings. I thought having a Avant account would solve the problem but no, when it happens, the Avant account saves the default settings on my account...
It's very disturbing =x

I don't want to look like somebody who only come to criticize these browsers so keep in mind I really love OB and AB, and I keep recommending them to everybody I know ^^ Good job team, and thank you :)

Anyway, if Orca's getting integrated into Avant, i'll use Avant again =)

EDIT: actually it looks like it comes back to an old save of Orca's settings, because now i can see in my Download window files that i had downloaded on May 28th

EDIT2: well I've downloaded Avant Browser and loaded my account, and it seems that eventually my personnal settings were saved... I don't understand, but it means that the problem has certainly been solved on AB, so my complain is useless, sorry for the time loss...