Avant Browser including Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] !

Help issues and Bug Reports for the current version that have been corrected can be found here. Only staff members may move threads to this forum.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Oocoot
Windows Version: 2000 ver 5.0 build 2195 SP4
Avant Version: Ultimate 2012 bld 8
IE Version: 6.0.2800.1106

Virus shutdown of Browser

Post by Oocoot » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:25 am

I just received a Trojan Horse warning from Avast4 about a Trojan Horse by name of Win32:Delf-MZG having been found on the Avant Browser I was running, and both this browser and, at the same time, Orca Browser that was neither open nor running have become unaccessible.

What can/must I do, in order to be able to use them again?

Moved to Avant Browser Help. Please post in the correct section. -André

NikkiLynne
Windows Version: Vista
Avant Version: 11
IE Version: 7

Re: Virus shutdown of Browser

Post by NikkiLynne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:21 am

This just happened to me as well and I am not happy at all! I am a store administrator and EVERYTHING I have that pertains to my stores and all my links to my pages and records was saved in my folders in bookmarks and now my Avant is gone! GONE! My Avast removed the shortcut, same trojan warning as the guy above me posted about then proceeded to remove my shortcut and everything and I tried to download Avant again and guess what???? Same trojan warning when I tried to download it and reinstall it! Now what happens? I have four browsers, but Avant is the only one I ever use!

suuta
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 build 31
IE Version: IE8

Post by suuta » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:25 am

I have the same problem. It said it had infected Avant, Super (video converter), and IMGburn (dvd burning software) I tried to download Avant again and maybe reinstall it but Avast (virus scanner) won't let me do that, says the source is corrupted.

I haven't used some of these programs in a while I don't know how they got infected. I do know that my virus scanner (Avast) just updated.

I had a similar problem with it and Java. Now Java doesn't work on my PC.

Maybe Avast is infected with something... What virus protection do you have?

NikkiLynne

Post by NikkiLynne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:32 am

I am using Avast also, and I just had Avant open and used it a couple hours ago and when I got back online, all the warnings started going off. I have used Avant for ages and this is the first problem I have had with it. My virus scanner is up to date and I had the newest version of Avant too. looks like someone would post about this letting us know what is going on and how to fix it.

Kajun_Taz
Avant Version: most recent
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Post by Kajun_Taz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 am

Same problem here. Wondering how long it will take before it's fixed... this sucks. :thumbdown:

daxx
Windows Version: Windows Vista Home
Avant Version: bleeh
IE Version: bleh

Avant Browser including Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] !

Post by daxx » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 am

I can not start or install AVANT anymore.. My Virusscanner detects Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] !

Please update your Software without trojans ;)

Thx

Merged post. -DrDrrae

suuta

Post by suuta » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:10 am

I'm going to try another virus program. Avast has been causing too many problems. My laptop never had any issues and used to plug it into everything. It uses antiVir.

NikkiLynne

Post by NikkiLynne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:15 am

I've used Avast for ages too, and tonight suddenly it hates Avant. I can't even download earlier versions of Avant without getting the trojan message. I don't want to try another anti virus program since mine is paid for three years already. I just want this fixed and be able to access all my favorites again because it truly sucks not being able to navigate where I need to in a hurry, now I have to look up every link! And I don't like Chrome or IE.

suuta

Post by suuta » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 am

check out AVAST's forum! OMG One guy has 20 files that are false positives for the virus. Another user who's into software development says that it's possibly a line of Delphi code that is being flagged as a virus.

See:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51609.0

mdacre
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by mdacre » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 am

I am a computer tech with over 300 clients.. my phone and email is going crazy.. yes I have determined it is within the IAS server of the avant browser (when you start the browser, it automatically logs in to your account) this is where the antivirus is detecting the trojan horse.. guys and gals working at AVANT.. FIX THIS SUCKER fast or I will have no choice but to make Google Chrome the default on over 300 computers!

Dahlonega337
Avant Version: not sure
IE Version: 8

Post by Dahlonega337 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:49 am

Same thing with my system. This is crazy.

Dahlonega337

tonka
Avant Version: 41

Post by tonka » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 am

Had the same problem... How I fixed it for now. Turn off Avast "On-Access Protection" by right clicking the icon. DO NOT delete your avant.exe file. If you moved it to the virus chest you should be able to restore the file. I also had to reboot my computer and everything works for now. Hope this helps. I also run AVG and Avira and Malwarebytes and none of these found a virus in the avant.exe. I figured majority rules until this issue is resolved permantely.

daxx
Windows Version: Windows Vista Home
Avant Version: bleeh
IE Version: bleh

Re: Avant Browser including Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] !

Post by daxx » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:41 am

Ahh damn.. It seems its a problem of Avast Virusscanner...

Merged post. -DrDrrae

NikkiLynne

Post by NikkiLynne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 am

Me too. After reading dozens of reports of the same warning shwoing up in programs everywhere that were fine until the Avast update, I realize it has to be Avast, and I read on a tech forum to go into Avast and disable the standard scanner, and everything is fine. So I did that for a temp fix until Avast fixes things. Web scanner is still enabled, so this is a huge mess for Avast, sorry Avant for panicking, lol

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Avant Browser including Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] !

Post by kudos » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 am

Merged post. -DrDrrae

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:24 am

Official statement from avast! antivirus: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51647
Hello,

last night, avast had a bad false positive issue. At around 12:15am GMT we released VPS update 091203-0 which started flagging hundreds of innocent files as a "Win32:Delf-MZG" Trojan (or, in less common cases, as "Win32:Zbot-MKK"). Among the files affected were high-profile programs produced by Adobe, Realtek sound card drivers, various media players etc.

We are still investigating the issue, trying to find out what exactly happened and how to make absolutely sure it will not happen again.

At 5:50am GMT, another VPS update (091203-1) was released, fixing the issue (for both "Win32:Delf-MZG" and "Win32:Zbot-MKK").
Those who have not used their computers between 12:15am and 5:50am will most likely not be affected.

If you're still using the bad VPS (091203-0) we recommend to invoke a VPS update immediately.

Our technical support team is currently preparing extensive HOWTOs about how to fix the situation for those who were hit by the problem.

We will be updating you shortly.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
Vlk
Thread locked - kudos

jmensch
Windows Version: 7
Avant Version: 11.7

Avant browser suddenly being recognized as a trojan virus

Post by jmensch » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 pm

I am using Avant browser 11.7 on windows 7. Yesterday all of a sudden my virus software Avast recognizes Avant when I open it as a trojan virus and removes it from my computer. I re-installed it and it happens again when I open it.
I have a friend who has windows vista and Avast virus program and his did the same thing yesterday.
I have been using both programs for a long time and this has never happened before to me or my friend.
Any help would be appreciated. I miss my Avant Browser!

Merged post. -DrDrrae

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Avant browser suddenly being recognized as a trojan virus

Post by kudos » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Update your Avast definitions - they screwed up - read more here

Merged post. -DrDrrae