--Three Question

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

sftom
Avant Version:

--Three Question

Post by sftom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:24 am

1 How do I turn on the little window that includes download pictures, magnify, reduce,.....

2. Where/How do I search a web page or just search the site.

3. Will there will be a new down-loader that works? I saw a mention a beta version. Will it be available soon?
Sometime ago I could use it on You Tube and some other sites. Now it usually see multiple files in the down-loader
and no longer works.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: --Three Question

Post by xiaobing » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:03 am

sftom wrote:1 How do I turn on the little window that includes download pictures, magnify, reduce,.....
Uncheck the three options in Avant browser options>Miscellaneous
floating toolbar.png
floating toolbar.png (2.16 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
2. Where/How do I search a web page or just search the site.
From where do you want to search? From internet, you can use search bar or open a search page. From bookmarks, you can go to View>Bookmarks open bookmarks sidebar, there is the "search" button on the title of sidebar, or go to “organize bookmarks ”

3. Will there will be a new down-loader that works? I saw a mention a beta version. Will it be available soon?
Sometime ago I could use it on You Tube and some other sites. Now it usually see multiple files in the down-loader
and no longer works.
Video downloader? No new video downloader is available.

sftom
Avant Version:

Post by sftom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 am

Try again:

1. Where is the Avant Browser Options???:
Not in group of nine options on top left which including history, favorites, etc.
Not in options on top right starting with 100% to minimize or close.

2 Two or more years ago one could write in the search window on top right, then select the web, the site one was on, hop from one word to the next on a page, or color all the words on the page with words in the search blank.
How do I find this drop down option???

3. The Advant Download (orange) pops up in the top right when it detects a video. I use to use it all the time. It would list only one file for each video. NOW I have seen more than 40 files. Even check all the files, if more than one, the Avant Downloader no longer works.

>>>>>avant downloader beta<<<<<<< is listed on the home page at the bottom of the left column. What is this referring to???

Thank for taking time to answer my question.

Tom

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:29 am

We need to know which version of Avant you are using and which skin.

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=33053

1. It sounds like you might be referring to the Menu Bar. Avant Browser Options is the last item the Tools menu.

2. If you're asking about the Search Bar, right-click on the empty portion of the Tabs Bar, move your cursor down to Toolbars in the menu, and click Search Bar.

sftom
Avant Version:

Post by sftom » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Try Again

What and where is the Menu Bar and the Tool Bar.

I carefully described the two short bars in previous posts. One bar is on top right of tabs. The second bar was on second line to left of the address and search windows. See discription in above post.

I searched "tool bar".....http://forum.avantbrowser.com/search.php......resulting with 69 posts. Clueless which applies in this situation.

I am using the next to last update. What number it is I do not know. Skins, I did not change the default, which may be none.

-------------------------------------------
Your reply:
2. If you're asking about the Search Bar, right-click on the empty portion of the Tabs Bar, move your cursor down to Toolbars in the menu, and click Search Bar.
-------------------------------------------
My search bar is displayed. My question was...

2 Two or more years ago one could write in the search window on top right, then select the web, the site one was on, hop from one word to the next on a page, or color all the words on the page with words in the search blank.

Do I understand no PDF Manual is available with illustrations.

Hope I can get this resolved soon.

Thanks Tom

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:00 pm

1. The nine "options" you are referring to on the left are the buttons in the Standard Buttons toolbar. To see the Menu in the current builds, click the A in the top-left corner of the Avant window. The Menu includes 'Avant Browser Options...' and 'About Avant Browser', which will tell you the version and build you are using (version 2013, Lite or Ultimate, and the build number). In the Menu, hover your mouse cursor over View and then Skins to find out which skin you're using. It's the one with the check mark next to it. You can also reach the Skins menu by clicking the T-shirt icon below the Close button (X) in the top-right corner.
Avant UI components.png
Once you have the Avant version and skin information, please update your forum profile to show the correct versions of Windows, Avant, and IE on your computer as well as the rendering engine you've chosen as your default (if you're using Avant Ultimate) and the name of the skin you're using. Also, please update your forum profile whenever any of this information changes. This will avoid confusion and misunderstandings like we experienced in this thread. (See http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=33057 and http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=33053.)

The Menu Bar is only available when you are using one of the classic skins (the ones below the line in the Skins menu). The Menu Bar has been replaced by the Menu (as I described above) when using the skins above the line in the Skins menu. Tool bar is a generic term for any of the bars available in Avant. The toolbars include the Menu Bar (with the classic skins), the Standard Buttons Bar, the Address Bar, the Search Bar, the Management Bar, the Bookmarks Bar, the Tabs Bar, and the Add-on Buttons bar. When you use one of the classic skins, all of these toolbars can be turned on or off using the Toolbars menu, which you can access by right-clicking the empty portion of the Tabs Bar.

2. Regarding your search questions, there are down-pointing arrowheads that appear to the right of the Search button (the magnifying glass) and the Search Page button (the magnifying glass with a page behind it) when you enter text in the Search Bar. To search only on the current site, click the down-arrow next to the Search button and then click Search Site in the drop-down menu. To search the current page, click the Search Page button. Click the down arrow next to the Search Page button to access options for searching the page.

There is currently no manual or Help in PDF or any other format that is accurate and complete for Avant 2013. The current Avant Help at http://www.avantbrowser.com/help/ has not been updated in several years.

3. There have been reports of the video downloader creating multiple files instead of just one. I don't know the status of this bug, but xiaobing will probably be able to answer that. The Avant Downloader beta is for a standalone version of the file downloader included with Avant. It is not related to the Download Videos function that appears in the top-right corner of the content pane.

Crazy_John
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: W10 x64 / W7 x64
Avant Version: Avant Browser 2019 build 2
Default engine: 1ºFirefox \ 2ºChrome
IE Version: 7 and 10 but i never use it
Skin: Xito - old skins

Post by Crazy_John » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:06 pm

sftom wrote:2 Two or more years ago one could write in the search window on top right, then select the web, the site one was on, hop from one word to the next on a page, or color all the words on the page with words in the search blank.
Theres 2 buttons , one for search a web page and other to search text (see pic) .

Both buttons have a drop down menu also (at the right side of each button) , pay attention where you click (in the buttons or in the drop down menus) .
The drop down menu arrow just showup when the mouse is over the button .
search2.jpg

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by mbrazil » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:13 pm

The Search button starts a web search when you click it. To search the current site, click the down-arrow and then click Search Site.
search button drop down.png
The Search Page button searches for text on the current page. Click the down-arrow and then click the option you want to use when searching for text. When you click an option, a check mark is placed next to it in the menu. You can use more than one option at a time, and the selected options remain in effect until you clear them individually or click Reset Options to clear all of them.
search page button drop down.png
The down arrows for the buttons are not visible until there is text in the search field and your mouse cursor is over the Search Bar.