How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Request help with using Avant Browser here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, Developer, AvantGuard

mannhe
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am
Windows Version: Windows7
Avant Version: 2012 Build 173
IE Version: IE 9

How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby mannhe » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:32 am

Dear Sir,

I now need re-install Windows7.
So, I would like to back up first current all Avant bookmark for restore after re-install Windows7 and Avant browser.

How can I back up current Avant bookmark and restore later?

I wait for your reply.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kwon

User avatar
Nederpietos
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:25 pm
Windows Version: xp home sp3
Avant Version: 2015 build 27 ult
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: IE8
Skin: Aluminum

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby Nederpietos » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 am

Left upper corner---> File--> export bookmarks


After your fresh install you choose---> File---> import



Did you make a backup of Avant? See settings---> make backup/restore profiles

If so, you could also make a copy of the folder "Profile.backup" in your documents and settings>yourname>application data>Avant Profiles and put that back (replace) after your fresh install.

User avatar
Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 am
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A
Location: TEXAS

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby Tinman57 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:55 am

Nederpietos wrote:Left upper corner---> File--> export bookmarks


After your fresh install you choose---> File---> import



Did you make a backup of Avant? See settings---> make backup/restore profiles

If so, you could also make a copy of the folder "Profile.backup" in your documents and settings>yourname>application data>Avant Profiles and put that back (replace) after your fresh install.

I've never seen the export command in Avant under the file or any other menu. Only thing I've ever seen is the import...
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)

User avatar
mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:04 pm
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 x86 + all updates
Avant Version: 2013 Ultimate Build 23 & Build 115 (USB)
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: IE8 + all patches and updates
Skin: Monai XP
Location: Grass Valley, CA

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby mbrazil » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:15 am

Tinman57 wrote:I've never seen the export command in Avant under the file or any other menu. Only thing I've ever seen is the import...

I'd never looked for it before, but it does exist in 175 in the File menu (a bit more than half way down) and brings up a Save As dialog with the Save as type of Bookmarks File.

Crazy_John
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:13 pm
Windows Version: Xp Pro Sp3 x32 / Windows 7 x64
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate 2015 build 27
Default engine: Firefox Rendering
IE Version: 7 and 10 but i never use it
Skin: Xito - old skins

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby Crazy_John » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I also dont have the export bookmarks command , but maybe is because i use IE Favorites as bookmarks.

User avatar
mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:04 pm
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3 x86 + all updates
Avant Version: 2013 Ultimate Build 23 & Build 115 (USB)
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: IE8 + all patches and updates
Skin: Monai XP
Location: Grass Valley, CA

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby mbrazil » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Crazy_John wrote:I also dont have the export bookmarks command , but maybe is because i use IE Favorites as bookmarks.

I'm using the firefox engine and Avant bookmarks.

User avatar
Tinman57
Avantic
Avantic
Posts: 834
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:26 am
Windows Version: Linux Ubuntu 13.10
Avant Version: Linux Firefox
Default engine: Linux Firefox
IE Version: N/A
Skin: N/A
Location: TEXAS

Re: How can I back up current bookmark and restore?

Postby Tinman57 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:47 am

mbrazil wrote:
Crazy_John wrote:I also dont have the export bookmarks command , but maybe is because i use IE Favorites as bookmarks.

I'm using the firefox engine and Avant bookmarks.

I think Crazy John is right, with "Use IE Bookmarks" it don't give you that option. Never understood why, every time I need to back up my bookmarks I either have to do it manually with my file manager or start up Internet Explorer and use the export option in it....
((((TINMAN))))
----------------------------------------------------------
(Duck! It's another MicroSoft Patch!)


Return to “Avant Browser Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users