Post Reply #20 on: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:34 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7
bassiliin wrote:
Don't know developer did, but they did it all wrong with build 118. I have toolbars only errors within every 20-30 minutes. Exiting (right click in systray and selecting exit) Avant freezes whole computer completely. Cannot even change programs in taskbar. Only thing I can do is press ctrl+alt+del to bring up task manager to kill Avant. Then computer unfreezes.

Could you make some screenshots next time when Avant freezes?

The one shows how Avant looks like;
The one about the task manager with the processes tab;
The one about the task manager with the performance tab.

Also I'm appreciated if you could provide more information like which page it is and what your operation is right before non-responding.

Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

Post Reply #21 on: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:23 am 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Windows Version: Win XP SP3
Avant Version: 2010(11.8) build 131
IE Version: IE 8
There's no special web pages or whatever. Toolbar only error appears sometimes even when I have only 1 tab open with Google.com. Changing to another program (mIRC or even plain Windows Explorer) makes it happen.

But my theory is: As I presume Avant.exe handles the toolbars and everything around and ybrowser.exe handles content itself and are somehow completely separated and communication between rendering engine is somehow broken (you can see it when using Avant not maximized and trying to move it then content stays place for a while and later moves into same place with toolbars frame) and that is causing seeing only toolbars if they lost communication between these two. One is living own life and other part own life.

I try to make some screenshots if this happens again, trying to get whole computer freeze also and see what are usage indicators then.

Post Reply #22 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:46 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

MysteryFCM wrote:
Build 117 has this issue aswell (issue occured several times within the space of 1 hour, only way to get rid of it is close and re-open Avant - and then repeat ad nauseum).

Does this happen more often on xp or the same to other system?

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

Post Reply #23 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator
Avantus Maximus

Windows Version: 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX
I worked with Anderson on fixing the problem and have only seen it once since (was sorted out by minimizing then maximizing Avant).

Steven Burn
[ hpHosts HOSTS File ] [ hpHosts Blog ] [ AB Archive ] [ Avant Force Blog ] [ Avant Force Wiki ]

Post Reply #24 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:33 pm 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Don't know what to say. Again I lost ALL settings after killing Avant because got only toolbars visible which happened today like in every 20 minutes. Build 118.

I really appreciate Jasmine's effort to clarify things and trying to help and understand, but for me it seems like she's only some kind of PR-secretary who's just putted into tank to fight alone with angry crowd. Damn those developers. Go to open source if you want but cannot do things by yourself.

Yes, I am now really angry.

Post Reply #25 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
Avantus Maximus

Which version of Windows are you using?

Steven Burn
[ hpHosts HOSTS File ] [ hpHosts Blog ] [ AB Archive ] [ Avant Force Blog ] [ Avant Force Wiki ]

Post Reply #26 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:54 pm 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

WinXP SP3, Avant is always USB version

Post Reply #27 on: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:38 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
Avantus Maximus

Can you try this one and let me know if the problem persists please? (it's a modified build 117)

Attachments:
abbeta.zip [2.5 MiB]
Downloaded 140 times

Steven Burn

Post Reply #28 on: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 am 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Trying now build 119. Pretty OK what's concerning toolbar error. Got toolbars error only once yesterday. And here's how I got it. Avant wasn't maximized, just windowed (restore) to middle of screen. Then grab from title bar and moved it everywhere around screen. Then you can see that content it leaves behind and later jumps into toolbar frame. And then suddenly it didn't jump in anymore and voila it was sticked to last place and got only toolbars visible after that.

Also got twice such error that download sticks to 99% and cannot close it in other way than killing ybrowser.exe hoping that I'll get the right one, because in process manager there isn't seen anything which could lead to right one. No CPU stressing.

Also one bug (I certainly call it bug) is that Avant loses focus. Earlier Tabs lost focus but now Avant itself. And always if change from maximized to window (restore) from upper right corner. And it loses somtimes also when chaning from other application to avant via Taskbar. I still have to click somewhere in page to get focus and start to work with it.

But certainly 119 is better than 117 & 118.

Post Reply #29 on: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff
Avant Guru

Hi, PR secratory comes again~

bassiliin wrote:
Trying now build 119. Pretty OK what's concerning toolbar error. Got toolbars error only once yesterday. And here's how I got it. Avant wasn't maximized, just windowed (restore) to middle of screen. Then grab from title bar and moved it everywhere around screen. Then you can see that content it leaves behind and later jumps into toolbar frame. And then suddenly it didn't jump in anymore and voila it was sticked to last place and got only toolbars visible after that.

Andeson is working on it.

bassiliin wrote:
Trying Also got twice such error that download sticks to 99% and cannot close it in other way than killing ybrowser.exe hoping that I'll get the right one, because in process manager there isn't seen anything which could lead to right one. No CPU stressing.

You use xp sp3 right? Haven't confirmed the problem yet. I'll try to reproduce it. Please report back if you have more information about this problem.

bassiliin wrote:
Also one bug (I certainly call it bug) is that Avant loses focus. Earlier Tabs lost focus but now Avant itself. And always if change from maximized to window (restore) from upper right corner. And it loses somtimes also when chaning from other application to avant via Taskbar. I still have to click somewhere in page to get focus and start to work with it.

Can following description include all the possible cases you reported?

• Focus was set to the input field of a page -> Switching to and back from other applications,found the input field lost its foucs.
  • Restored Avant main window -> Focus was set to the input field of a page -> Dragging the frame of the main window to change its size, found the input field lost its foucs.

Post Reply #30 on: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:52 pm 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Toolbars and page content loosing connection with each other issue when you could see only toolbars is still happening with build 123.

Post Reply #31 on: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 pm 
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9
Yo bro's try firefox or opera what ever you like .Now you still leave avant if you don't have avant as a shortcut on desktop same for firefox.Then when you want to go back to avant just shut off firefox. It works for me. :)

Post Reply #32 on: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:41 pm 
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan

Wasn't using Avant for a while and visited its site and forum and noticed that couple of new builds are available. Tried them. No luck. Same problem with builds 126 and 127.