Politeness is more than a courtesy.

Important announcements and news regarding the Avant forums are posted here. Be sure to read the Rules before posting anywhere on the forums. Frequently Asked Avant Questions are also available here.

Politeness is more than a courtesy.

Postby Circumlocutus » Mon May 28, 2007 2:58 am

Based on the small number of intolerably rude threads created by those who have become frustrated by one or more of the inconsistencies, bugs or "features" that each new version of Avant Browser introduces, I have decided to create this post clarifying one of this forum's rules & the relationship between the administration of this board and the author of the software that it was setup to support.

As far as we have been told, there is only one person involved in the creation and modification of the code that produces Avant Browser and that person is Anderson Che. All but one of the support, moderation and adminstration staff here are only users who have no association with Anderson, just like yourself, who donate some of their time to helping others. The other person, does not check in that often, but does report to Mr. Che each bug soon after it is confirmed.

With the above paragraph in mind, please take in mind rules #1 & 2, as unlike Microsoft, Dell, Gateway or any other commercial operation's support centers, we are not paid to provide this support, let alone take any abuse, especially as we have less control of how the issues are reported back to the author, your post concerning the issue has done that by itself.

Everyone here appreciates your frustration at whichever issue is causing your inconvenience, and has experienced a similar level of frustration either with this software or with some other aspect of their life.

If you have reached this post by clicking on the link in the post made by a member of the support, moderation or administration staff quoting or linking to a post that you created , please bear in mind that your next posts determine whether you remain a member.

Edited to replace "immediately after" with "quoting" - Terranaut
Last edited by Circumlocutus on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Circumlocutus
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Semi-Avantic

Windows Version: N/A
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Post Reply #1 by hornakapopolis » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:04 pm

I thought I'd reply to bring this post to the forefront again. Personally, I've always come here because I enjoy Avant like being able to help other people out with it. These attitudes are just ruining it for me. Admittedly, it's only a few, but we've had more in the past 2 months than we have in the past 4 years I've been year here.

Sheesh... :roll:

And hopefully, we as staff here will remember the last line of this post. Let's start pointing people here.
Last edited by Circumlocutus on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: delayed proof reading
hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Avantus Maximus

Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2013
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Return to Announcements & News