Avant Browser

Avant Browser community forum
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC

Poston: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:02 am 

Avant Version:
As an old user and one of million fans of the greatest browser ever

Avant Browser

I did my best to promote the browser and to recommend it to my friends and my relatives specially.

But the problem was with the weak arabic translation included with the browser

For me there is no problem as I love English but the problem was with my friends and relatives because of their little knowledge about English language so ,I did my best to explain the terms used in this translation to them and to make it easy for them to use the browser

But the translation made by Zeysan and Mr. Awad Al-Ghamdi really drive me crazy. Away from difficult and sophisticated terms they used to the million of faulty expressed terms and zillions of faults as respect to the Arabic grammar and syntax , The only thing that confused me was the usage of multiple terms for the same object or function in different parts in the browser.

So about one-weak ago I decided to contribute to this browser and what encourage me was my experience with latin etymology and arabic lexicons.

I worked on 3 main objectives. First the simplicity of the term and the second is to be as short as possible and the third to suit the Functionality of this software.
Yesterday I have completed this version of the most professional, precise, thoroughly revised and full Arabic transalation for Avant Browser.
My believe that the language is about sense NOT tit for tat translation produce this version of translation

My keen on the IT Technology and computer sciences make me ensure to you that this version of translation is really professional and reliable and suits the beauty and glory of arabic language and the great functionality of this browser.

What encourage me to put this version in the forum is the response I had today for this translation

N.B:
-I do respect the efforts made in the previous translation by Zeysan and Mr. Awad Al-Ghamdi but this is the time for professional translation.

-I am ready to discuss any terms in my translation either here or by email or thorough the chat
my contact info included in the .rar file

-The .rar file contains 3 files :

1.the translation text file for the developer if he has a keen on this translation.

2.ara.lng file to you to exprience the professional translation
just copy this file and paste it in lang folder in the avant browser folder

3.my contact info. if anyone wants to discuss any term in this version with me

I hope you enjoy with this translation

http://islamuhamad.googlepages.com/ab.arabic.translation.2006.rar

Post subject:
Post Reply #1 on: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:31 am 
Fan
Fan

Windows Version: XP SP3, Vista SP1, Win 7
Avant Version: V11.7 B21
IE Version: IE7 & IE8
You really should mail it to Anderson so he can include it in Avant Browser. author@avantbrowser.com

Post subject:
Post Reply #2 on: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:09 pm 

Avant Version:
I have just done so
thanks Psykocyber

Post subject:
Post Reply #3 on: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:30 pm 

Avant Version:
Dear IsLam,
I read your file and I get this formula :
1+2=3 & 2+1=3 they are the same !!
You didn't translate.. you just repair the accent which is fit to you or your friends.

By the way I don't know who is Mr. Awad Al-Ghamdi and he surprise me he just remove my name and he put his name ( you can see my signature in the file header )

ملاحظة سريعة وجدتها بملفك:
رجاءاً تكتب هكذا رجاءً
وهذا من نظره عابره وليست تدقيقاً

Best regards
ZEYSAN

Post subject:
Post Reply #4 on: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator
Avantus Maximus

Windows Version: 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX
zeysan,
Would you care to clarify please? .... are you saying IsLam submitted a file you translated?

Steven Burn
[ hpHosts HOSTS File ] [ hpHosts Blog ] [ AB Archive ] [ Avant Force Blog ] [ Avant Force Wiki ]

Post subject:
Post Reply #5 on: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 am 

Avant Version:
Dear Zeysan ,
I think you should incorporate the translation file into the browser to notice that it's completely new translation
not just to read the translation from the source

I translate it directly from english file from the scratch
I didn't even open your translation file

N.B. :
when I put this translation in the forum I wasn't intend to promot it so that Anderson incorporate it in the next version of the browser
I just loved English and Translation and I helped my relatives and my friends with the most professional translation version and they enjoy it so I decided to put it in the forum so any one can benefit from it

-First I put it in the forum and when I recieved the first reply that I should post it Mr. Anderson I did

-I am a medical student I deals with english etymology and arabic lexicons

-So it doesn't matter for me if you incorporate this version with the browser or not. because it's NOT my profession and will not. It just hobby and interest.

-In case you use it with the browser it's a great honor for me
but the greatest honor I have gotten from the eyes of my relatives and friends

-the last thing I Loved this browser .It have been 2.5 years since I started to use it. and As this quality standard of the browesr programming goes, I will use it and promot it as possible as I can

Thanks

Post subject:
Post Reply #6 on: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:49 pm 

Avant Version:
MysteryFCM wrote:
zeysan,
Would you care to clarify please? .... are you saying IsLam submitted a file you translated?

Dear MysteryFCM,
yes, IsLam submitted a file that I translated.

But this is not that I meant.
The matter is that Mr. Awad Al-Ghamdi just removed my name and put his name then he presented that file to Mr. Anderson and Mr. Anderson agreed, So I'm so disappointed for that.

Best regards

ZEYSAN

Post subject:
Post Reply #7 on: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:00 pm 

Avant Version:
Dear IsLam,

I have read your file carefully and I told you before that you didn't present different translation from mine.
The only thing that you did is repairing the accent to be suitable for you.
Although we are from different countries, the language is the same.
The difference is in accent only!.
So in this situation the meaning is clear and my translation is fine too.
In addition I hope that if you want to repair any word sent it to me and I'll do that because 95% our translations are the same.

With my best wishes to succeed in your education.

ZEYSAN

Post subject:
Post Reply #8 on: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:49 pm 

Avant Version:
First, thank you for the tremendous effort that is for the success of this giant of the browser, for me, and I check in the Arabic language did not find any meaning wrong translation and clear 100% and I wish you to move forward and I hope that does not happen any imbalance between the members of all we must be together for the success of this browser to a point that any friends you anything and I am ready Thank you for all

Post subject:
Post Reply #9 on: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:49 pm 

Avant Version:
Please take care that one of important rules for the forum and translation is that:

- Verify if one translation for the same language isn't already available

- If the language file is not vailable please contact the author to start a new language project. When you receive the confirmation by the author you can start.

- If the language it's already available, and you have some feedbacks about errors, new text, etc, you should contact the original translation author (or post the info into the forum) to improve the translation.

Theese simple rules was done to avoid many projects (sometimes can create misunderstanding) about some languages.

In this case IsLam if you have to report some errors about zeysan translation you should report them to zeysan.