How to set specific order for home pages

Post your tips, tricks, and helpful hints for using Avant here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

isramirez
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version: lastest
Default engine: internet explorer
IE Version: 11
Skin: default

How to set specific order for home pages

Post by isramirez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi all,

This is my firt post in forum, my name is Israel Ramirez from Mexico city, i have found Avanta web browser really great and love to use it but just found a bit complicated to set multiple home pages, going to describe my issue

When i set 5 home pages in IE i just click in Use Current button and i know next time i open the browser they will open in the order they appear in the list box (top down)

In Avanta i set 1 home page and then i set extra home pages in the order i want they appear next time i will open the web browser(top-down order)... but not working, i tried to change the order in the list but also not working

Maybe someone can help on this?

Thanks in advance!
Israel

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
Skin: Stickers

Re: How to set specific order for home pages

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:25 pm

This might not be anything you're doing wrong. For the past couple of versions, I've noticed the order Avant has been opening things has been out of whack. I don't open any home pages, but spend most of my day opening groups of 3-7 bookmarks at a time. Avant used to open them in the order they were sorted in the folder, but now there's really apparent hesitation in opening the new tabs... seemingly with no rhyme or reason.

It almost looks like Avant is waiting on the website to respond before opening its tab, but I don't think that's the case. I believe it's internal to Avant. So, instead of opening 1,2,3,4,5, I'll click the "Open All..." option, turn away to do something else, look back over and see 1,3,5... and then 2 & 5 will pop up. It's usually not that long of wait, though. Sometimes, it's just a slight hesitation.

This sounds unrelated to the OP's issue, but it makes me wonder if the "sorting" functionality of the home pages isn't broken, but they're really experiencing the same issue I'm having.

Basically though, you might not be doing anything wrong. When you sort the home pages and Avant opens them in the incorrect order, does it open them in the same incorrect order each time?

isramirez

Post by isramirez » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks by answer,

It opens the home pages in an order i can't really identify, for example the designated HomePage is always in the first tab but i never gets the focus and the end of the full load (all the tabs/home pages) but the second tab always finishes with the focus in place :wtf:

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Post by xiaobing » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:57 am

I have recorded it as a bug.

isramirez

Post by isramirez » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:51 am

isramirez wrote:Thanks by answer,

It opens the home pages in an order i can't really identify, for example the designated HomePage is always in the first tab but i never gets the focus AT the end of the full load (all the tabs/home pages) but the second tab always finishes with the focus in place :wtf:
Did a small correction to my previous post

Thank you xiaobing Avant is a really great web tool to surf the net ...