Ad-blocker extensions for Facebook (for all three engines)

Post your tips, tricks, and helpful hints for using Avant here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Ad-blocker extensions for Facebook (for all three engines)

Post by mbrazil » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 am

I posted this information in another thread, but I think it should be here also.

This is a list of add-ons that can block ads on Facebook, and in some cases, other websites as well: AdBye – For Facebook, Ad blocker, Ad Killer, remove all Facebook ads, and Updated Ad Blocker for Firefox 11+. If you're familiar with using Greasemonkey scripts and have the Greasemonkey extension installed, there is also a Greasemonkey script called Facebook: Cleaner that you can use. Greasemonkey itself is available here.

For the Chrome engine, try Facebook Adblock, commercial ads blocker for Facebook, AdBlock, or Adblock Plus.

Adblock Plus is also available for IE.

All of the links I've provided for Firefox add-ons are to Mozilla's Add-Ons page, and the link to the Facebook: Cleaner Greasemonkey script goes to the userscripts.org website, so you shouldn't have to worry about downloading any malware. The same is true for the Chrome add-ons, since all of those links are to the Chrome Web Store, and the link for Adblock Plus for IE is to the Adblock Plus website.