WARNING: Fraudulent "international patent" invoices

Discuss whatever you like here! ( ...that's not spam!)

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:25 pm

WIPO have previously warned of fake companies issuing fraudulent invoices for "Registration of International Patent" and such like over the years, but sadly, these are not surprisingly, still being received by potential victims, some of who will already know they are fraudulent and just ignore and/or report them, and others that sadly, don't and will simply pay whatever the invoice asks, which can be in excess of 1000 euros.

A friend has recently sent me examples of fraudulent invoices received, and I thought I'd put out a warning (albeit probably not much use for anyone other than those reading this blog, but perhaps the warning will spread to other more popular sites etc).

Although the names of the fake companies varies, so far, a few things have remained constant - namely, the location (in the case of the examples I've been sent, the location has always been Czech Republic, though this is likely a shell company, if anything at all), and bank the criminals are using (Unicredit, which is a legitimate bank). IBAN/account numbera, PO Box numbers etc, are all different depending on the company name.
http://hphosts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/w ... atent.html

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: WARNING: Fraudulent "international patent" invoices

Post by AXEMAN » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks once again bro for the info :thumbup: