Work at Home . . . for a Criminal?

Discuss whatever you like here! ( ...that's not spam!)

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Work at Home . . . for a Criminal?

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:30 pm

How do you tell if a "Work at Home" invitation is a scam? Here's a clue: It comes in your email. In today's Blog, I thought I would take a look at the various "Work at Home" plans that have been arriving in the UAB Spam Data Mine this week. Some days we have a better chance than others to get a job online, but recently we've been offered as many as 100 new jobs per day!

There are clearly many questions about "Work at Home". According to a Better Business Bureau report released last month, Work at Home companies were the #5 most common inquiry they received in 2007. Slightly behind Roofing Contractors and slightly ahead of Auto Dealers.

We'll start with scammers who just con you out of your money, and then move on to the ones who want YOU to be a criminal with them!

A special reminder to new college students: It doesn't have to be online to be a scam! Business opportunities on telephone poles, sidewalks, and taped on walls around campus can be scams too!
http://garwarner.blogspot.com/2008/09/w ... minal.html

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Work at Home . . . for a Criminal?

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:36 pm

MysteryFCM thank you for this info.However i keep getting these spams that just say urgent no subject . Guys if you get this type of email .delete right away :)

WindRune
Windows Version: Windows XP
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Re: Work at Home . . . for a Criminal?

Post by WindRune » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:50 pm

E-mails like these always goes into my spam mail section which I quickly get rid of.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage