One Week Later

Discuss whatever you like here! ( ...that's not spam!)

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Circumlocutus
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: N/A
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Re: One Week Later

Post by Circumlocutus » Sun May 18, 2008 4:57 am

DrDrrae wrote:I love Linux. HeHe...

Darth, Linux and I believe Mac both have UAC type dialogs, however, I find them a lost less nagging than UAC in Vista.
That's because OSX was built on a *nix background. But the real point of the constant UAC nagging in Vista is that most software (if not all) for Vista has to be compatible with XP, which has always had free reign over the administrative regions of the hard drive, areas which are now restricted in Vista, as they are in Linux, Unix, BSD & OSX.

As the years go by, and Vista becomes the dominant Windows OS, I would expect more software written to avoid those areas of the drive and UAC nagging will be reduced to the same amount that the other OS's experience.
Last edited by Circumlocutus on Sun May 18, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: over != other
WARNING

This post contains one or more words known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash your eyes after reading.

addonsfan
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Re: One Week Later

Post by addonsfan » Sun May 18, 2008 8:54 am

DrDrrae wrote:abfan, electronics, for the most part, are more expensive in Europe.
abfan lives in Europe (pretty sure). I think he was refering to eBay, where you can get very cheap electronics, anywhere in the world.