Close tab button closing wrong tab

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

skandranon
Avant Version:

Close tab button closing wrong tab

Post by skandranon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Avant 11.7 build 46

Just did a fresh windows xp reinstall. Prior to that I had not upgraded to build 46

On my less than a week old install have a issue where I click on the close tab button, and a non active tab will close. If I click on it again it will keep closing tabs until every tab but the active one is closed. :problem:

I am having trouble getting this issue to occur when I want it to to give more details. It seems if I have just clicked on the tab then it works fine. But when I am not paying attention and doing something else, then go to close a tab the issue happens. I will try to pay closer attention to the details of what is going on when the issue happens.

drcmg
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: Close tab button closing wrong tab

Post by drcmg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:51 am

I have a similar problem except it happens when I click the back button. I have learned to recognize it happening now. My homepage is my work email and I log in to it first thing every morning. Later when I am at another site and I click the back button RoboForm will pop up for me to login to my email. The only way to get the back button to work on the active tab is to go to the inactive email page tab and click the forward button and return to the now inactive tab. If I just click the forward button or click on the active tab the problem is not resolved.

The thing that makes this problem most distracting is that it doesn't happen everytime. It happens most days, but at what appears to be irregular intervals. I to am running Avant 11.7 build 46, but under Windows 7.
George Washburn

skandranon
Avant Version:

Post by skandranon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:37 pm

I have also noticed the back button doing the same thing as the close tab. Didnt catch it at first but it acts pretty much the same way.

Alex_Curth
Windows Version: Windows XP
Avant Version: Last
IE Version: 8

Post by Alex_Curth » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:34 am

skandranon wrote: On my less than a week old install have a issue where I click on the close tab button, and a non active tab will close. If I click on it again it will keep closing tabs until every tab but the active one is closed. :problem:
Similar problem.

skandranon
Avant Version:

Post by skandranon » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Week old topic no help :(

Worse I emailed avant team got an answer, mentioned this post and then was more or less told oh if you are getting help there f off. Emailed back said no one is helping me here and was ignored. Bah humbug! I love avant but every once in a while they release a bunk version and this build sucks hardcore.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Sorry. Yes, there is a bug in the current build. It is related to tab focus. See this topic for details. My reply #6 narrows it down. I did submit a bug ticket too. Either downgrade to an earlier version or await an update.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

skandranon
Avant Version:

Post by skandranon » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 am

Ah... ok... downgrading it is.

Thanks for your help!