Darkson1
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XPsp3 and Vista Home
Avant Version: 11.7 b43
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Cannot have more than one tab open.

Post by Darkson1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 am

b41 - all the other specs in my profile are up-to-date.

Last couple of days, I've found that I cannot have more than one tab open. If I try to open a 2nd (or more), the websites stop loading (they all get to approx halfway, then stop), and the Avant icon in the top-left corner turns into the default one windows uses when it can't find a file (white square with a blue line across the top). I have to stop Avant using Taskmanager (the X stops responding as well).

This is happening on every website I've visited, from forums (including this one), to BBC Sport, to www.gamesworkshop.com, to Gmail.

I also occasionally have Avant freeze completely, wheter I have one tab open or more, and on different websites, which then seems to freeze the PC completely, which can only be rectified by pushing the power button. I can't completely be 100% sure it's Avant's "fault", as i can't access anything else (including taskmanager) to check, but the fact it only happens when I use Avant seems to point to it either being Avant at error, or something Avant in interacting with, that nothing else uses.
Ha, ha ha! Very funny!

Run for the hills, it's Darkson!

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Cannot have more than one tab open.

Post by kudos » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 am

You could try deleting the basic settings as it sounds as if they have become corrupted.
Close Avant, go to a command prompt and type: del "%appdata%\Avant Profiles\.default\conf.*"

Failing that, I would look disabling any at IE addons / plugins that you have installed.

BTW, is this happening on your XP or your Vista system?

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

Darkson1
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: XPsp3 and Vista Home
Avant Version: 11.7 b43
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

Re: Cannot have more than one tab open.

Post by Darkson1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Sorry, should have said - it's on the XP system. I haven't used the laptop in a few days, so I've no idea if it's happening there.

I'll try what you said above, hopefully tomorrow.
Ha, ha ha! Very funny!

Run for the hills, it's Darkson!