Fan
Windows Version: XP SP 3
Avant Version: Ultimate 2014 Build 2
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE 8
Skin: AthenX

This Skype add-on is magical!

Post by Browser Peeper » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:50 am

Would you like to see telephone numbers disappear right before your very eyes?

If so, then you want to try the Skype add-on for Avant. You, my friends, will be stunned at the spectacle of magically disappearing telphone numbers as you watch in amazement doubting your own eyes!

You will be the envy of the ghost of Richard Nixon as you watch those phone numbers completely disappear, leaving behind not a shred of any type of evidence that those phone numbers were once clearly visable!

Is there someone in your life about whom you feel guilty for not calling? Put their phone number in an address book either on your hard drive or in an on-line address book utilizing the Avant Browser equipped with the Skype add on, and as you're doing this say "I have every intention of calling this person in just a little while." Then, simply wait and the number will completely disappear! Then, the next time you are in the uncomfortable position of meeting this person you can say "Oh, your number just disappeared from my computer..." They may not believe you but at least you've spoken the truth (technically speaking).

So remember to activate the Skype add-on in Avant for the magic spectacle of disappearing phone numbers you've been wanting to see (or not see, as the case may be). :wtf:

André
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
Avant Version:

Re: This Skype add-on is magical!

Post by André » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Um... What?
Formerly known as DrDrrae.
I am not a member of the development team.
Please search the forum before posting questions.

Avant Force Wiki || Avant Force Blog
Desktop:
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || 8GiBs DDR2 800 @ 435MHz || Asus P5E
112 GiB SSD || 931 GiB HDD || 2x ATI 5770 in CrossfireX || Picture

NetBook:
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE || 1.66 GHz Atom N280 || 2 GiB DDR2 667 || 320 GiB HDD

NAS:
Intel E5200 @ 2.632 GHz || 4 GiB DDR2 800 @ 421 MHz || Foxconn G31MXP-K
5.45 TiB RAID 6

willprospector
Windows Version: Vista
Avant Version: Build 11.7 -35
IE Version: 7.0.6001.18000

Post by willprospector » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:58 am

:clap: The first post was a riot. :thumbup: I fell off my chair. :lol: I hope the admin doesn't take offense. But my Skype add-on works on Firefox.

Browser Peeper
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: XP SP 3
Avant Version: Ultimate 2014 Build 2
IE Version: IE 8
Skin: AthenX

Post by Browser Peeper » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 am

willprospector wrote::clap: The first post was a riot. :thumbup: I fell off my chair. :lol: I hope the admin doesn't take offense. But my Skype add-on works on Firefox.
Thank you. I meant the post to be humorous and also to bring attention to the idea that this add-on for Avant doesn't "function" very well.
I received an error message from Mozilla saying, in essence, that they have disabled the Skype add-on for Firefox because the add-on was causing stability problems and "crashing". I can attest to this because for the first time that I can remember, I had problems with Firefox crashing somewhat frequently AND the Skype add-on was installed on Firefox during that time.
Thankfully, to the best of my recollection, I have never had problems with Avant crashing. Nowadays, I tend to use Avant more than Firefox. I would like Avant to be considerably more customizable than it is currently. For example, I would like to have a feature on Avant similar to Firefox's "any color" which enables the browser frame to be any color you choose.

This is off topic but can someone tell me the correct pronunciation of "Avant"? Are both "A's" pronounced like the "A" in "cat" or the "A" in "taught"? Or, is one "A" pronounced like the "A" in "cat" while the other "A" is pronounced like the "A" in "taught"? If so, which one is which? I have heard different people pronounce "Avant" in different ways. One person called it "Advent". The other consideration (which I never considered before until this very minute) is that one or both of the "A's" is or are (as the case may be) pronounced with a so-called "long" "A" as is found in the word "late". I doubt this is the case because pronouncing "Avant" in such a way as to make both "A's" "long" "A's" causes the speaker to sound as if they are speaking with a "Hillbilly" type of an accent. :think:

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am

If you are a big Avant and Firefox fan, have you tried Orca yet?

Try pronouncing Avant with a Chinese accent since the developer is Chinese :-)

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal