Popup Blocker & Roboform

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Kevin872
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Popup Blocker & Roboform

Post by Kevin872 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:52 pm

This started happening a while back (can't remember exactly when) but it used to work:

With the popup blocker enabled in Avant, whenever I type a search term into Roboform and choose a search option from the drop-down list to perform the search, sometimes the resulting window gets blocked by the popup blocker, sometimes not. It seems to only happen with custom search cards. I contacted Roboform about this a while ago and they said that there is no difference in the way Roboform submits built-in searches compared to searches using custom search cards. Depending on the Roboform options, they are submitted the same. In my case, they are told to open a new window by calling a new default browser (Avant is my default browser) command.

This USED to work. I really don't know where the source of the problem is, but it is such a pain that I end up turning the popup blocker off, which of course opens the door for all popups. As a test, I made sure to white list Amazon popups (tried *amazon.com/* and http://www.amazon.com/*) and did a search using my custom Amazon search card and it STILL gets blocked. Any ideas? Maybe this is some goofy DLL thing and there needs to be an option to whitelist popups coming from a Roboform DLL call? Not sure.

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865

Re: Popup Blocker & Roboform

Post by KY Dave » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:34 pm

I've been using RoboForms for years and now when RF calls for a web page load, Avant blocks the called pages.

I've even added the pages to the Ad Blocker's EXCEPTIONS LIST and in the PopUp Blocker.

What else can a user do to stop this from happening?
KY Dave

Family Blog