if you are not going to FIX CPU usage I'm going to use Opera

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

optuae
Avant Version:

if you are not going to FIX CPU usage I'm going to use Opera

Post by optuae » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:17 pm

if you are not going to FIX CPU usage I'm going to use Opera or FireFox.

all peoples having same problems, and Administrator is only able to answer - WITH MY COMPUTER EVERYTHING IS OK!

Better check software and Fix it.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: if you are not going to FIX CPU usage I'm going to use O

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:36 pm

optuae wrote:all peoples having same problems, and Administrator is only able to answer - WITH MY COMPUTER EVERYTHING IS OK!
I'd be surious to see where that was replied. Can you provide a link?

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:44 pm

hornakapopolis wrote:
optuae wrote:all peoples having same problems, and Administrator is only able to answer - WITH MY COMPUTER EVERYTHING IS OK!
I'd be surious to see where that was replied. Can you provide a link?
I'm interested in where Anderson responded with that too ....

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:51 pm

Generally, I only care solely about my personal situation when it's of things of more import... like helping a stranded motorist vs. getting to the massage therapist's on time... or helping out at the local shelter vs. missing a rerun of Charles in Charge. (Powell or Pembroke... Scott Baio keeps everything in order :!:)

optuae
Avant Version:

Post by optuae » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:00 pm

I don't know who is Anderson, I'm just saying that there are few reply from Admin, saying that I did what you asked me to do and my system works fine. And no one trying to understand what's the problem with your brouser.

I have in office more that 20 computers, and all of them having same thing. Memory usage with 8 windows and 212megs of memory in use, with 98% CPU usage.

A lot of peoples having the same problem.
Today our system admin, already installing Opera, because it's impossible to work with Avant due to this problem.

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:31 pm

optuae wrote:I don't know who is Anderson, I'm just saying that there are few reply from Admin, saying that I did what you asked me to do and my system works fine. And no one trying to understand what's the problem with your brouser.
Anderson is Avant's developer :)
optuae wrote:I have in office more that 20 computers, and all of them having same thing. Memory usage with 8 windows and 212megs of memory in use, with 98% CPU usage.
Trust me, quite alot of us have memory issues with Avant ;)

optuae
Avant Version:

Post by optuae » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:49 pm

So if a lot of us having same issue, is it anyone doing anything to fix it?
I hate Opera and I hate FireFox, but when Avant will be fixed????

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865

Post by KY Dave » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:18 pm

These guys are moderators and admin of the forum, they can't fix the programming issues, they can point to settings and suggest work arounds.

Only 'one person', Anderson Che, can fix the software bugs and he is very unresponsive to AVANT's problems, but does sporadically try to fix some of the issues.

You might try doing like me and using an older version of AVANT (10.2 ver 25) that doesn't have as many problems.
KY Dave

Family Blog

optuae
Avant Version:

Post by optuae » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:47 am

Can you send me avant copy of this version to my email - cv@inbox.ae
Please make ZIP file, because mailbox is not accepting EXE files.
Thanks.

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by KY Dave » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:53 pm

optuae wrote:Can you send me avant copy of this version to my email - cv@inbox.ae
Please make ZIP file, because mailbox is not accepting EXE files.
Thanks.
At the url linked below you can download any AVANT version you like and give them a try until you find one that works best for you...

http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/?c=Download&f=Avant_Browser
KY Dave

Family Blog

improwise
Avant Version:

Post by improwise » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:51 pm

Isn't it so that the real problem is having Flash enabled or not, because like all adobe software, it is a CPU and memory hog. Just try to go to a normal ad financed page (like http://www.sportbladet.com) with Flash enabled and with Flash disabled, and look at the difference in CPU performance. It does however seem to be related in some way to Avant, or rather, IE, since Avant as far as I know is only a shell to that.

/pJ

optuae
Avant Version:

Post by optuae » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:24 pm

is it any alternative to Adobe Flash layer available?

optuae
Avant Version:

Post by optuae » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:11 pm

After I deactivet Google Desktop, it's looks fine everything start working ok, no memory problem. Will tell you if everything will be ok.

zapora
Avant Version:

Post by zapora » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:32 pm

I've been fighting with CPU load for a while too. Recently I discovered what was the cause on my system: Google toolbar :shock: I tried it with Avant 11b43 and (presumably) safe 10b25, and on two different OS. The Google toolbar version is 4.0.1601.4978en. On my setup it's enough to browse for 2-3 hours to see Avant eating CPU. I didn't notice any unusual memory leak though. It's the only add-on I am (was) using.

My system: WinXP SP2, IE6 and WinVistaUltimate, IE7, running on AMD 3800+, 1gb RAM.

Please, Avant, be rude and copy google toolbar relentlessly to your integrated search bar, and everyone will be happy :) Actually, the only things I miss on search bar is google's style keyword find and sorting search history by date, not by alphabet.

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by KY Dave » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:38 pm

When Avant is 'eatting your CPU', is the Google Toolbar spinning your hard drive and catagorizing it?
KY Dave

Family Blog

zapora
Avant Version:

Post by zapora » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:47 am

KY Dave wrote:When Avant is 'eatting your CPU', is the Google Toolbar spinning your hard drive and catagorizing it?
Dude, I'm not that stupid :) Google toolbar and Google desktop search are different products. And I don't see any unusual disk activity during the lockup.

KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic

Post by KY Dave » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm

It's always been evil.
For starters, Google's toolbar phones home with every page you land on, and tattles to Google what you're looking at, while offering up your globally-unique Google cookie ID that expires in 2038.

As if that wasn't enough, the toolbar updates automatically, without asking. Once installed, this happens no matter how restrictive your Explorer security settings might be, and regardless of whether you have ZoneAlarm or some other firewall installed. Basically, this means that Google potentially can install anything at all on your hard drive, at any time that you connect to them. If you have broadband, it happens so fast that you won't even notice. One day you may see some new features on your toolbar, and then you'll realize that something happened.

This new toolbar introduces AutoLink, which sounds friendly when Google describes it:

The online review of a great new restaurant has the place's address but no map. You could type the restaurant's street, city, and ZIP code into the search box, but why bother, when clicking the Toolbar's AutoLink button will automatically create a link to an online map (US addresses only)? AutoLink can also link package tracking numbers to delivery status, VIN numbers (US) to vehicle history, and publication ISBN numbers to Amazon.com listings.

The reason this has webmasters upset is because Google is essentially changing their pages by adding links where links did not exist before. These links take the toolbar user off of the page. Potentially they are a new source of revenue for Google, because the same technology can be used by Google to link to ads.
Anyone who thinks that Google wouldn't use this to link to ads hasn't studied what Google is doing with Gmail. But there is a bit of a problem with changing a webmaster's page, because altering the content and/or the linking of a copyrighted page would invite lawsuits. Therefore, Google is going more slowly for now, to see if they can start off on this particular slippery slope without too much clamor from webmasters and bloggers. Who can object to more information about a book, for example?

Load up your new Google toolbar and go to Barnes & Noble. Search for a book and go deep enough so that you see the price and the ISBN. Google's toolbar now says "Show book info" because it detected an ISBN on the page. When you click on "Show book info" the ISBN is highlighted. Click on the highlight and you end up at Amazon's page for the exact same book, with Amazon's price for that book. Convenient for users? Maybe. A threat to B&N? Definitely.
I should have wrote communicating instead of catagorizing, sorry. I was confusing SEARCH with TOOLBAR, but IMO, there's not much difference, both are POS that invade personal privacy.

So is the GOOGLE TOOLBAR "communicating" with home base or updating while your CPU is being 'ate up'?
KY Dave

Family Blog

M_C_H
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by M_C_H » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 am

I hesitate mentioning this because so many people have said the cpu usage was fix by doing various things: toolbars etc.

Here's my cure for what was excessive cpu usage that made me go to maxthon for a while but I came giving avant a second chance. One evening I noticed that the excessive usage was from windows defender also so I removed defender and have been using avant ever since with no problems.

just me $.02 worth.

Mike

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Post by Jasmine » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:51 am

For a test,I have downloaded ,installed and uninstalled all old versions available. I have 36 pages opened at the same time respectively from build 10 to 46. As a result,I see no difference between all these versions on CPU and MEMORY usage. :shock:

zapora
Avant Version:

Post by zapora » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:30 am

KY Dave wrote:So is the GOOGLE TOOLBAR "communicating" with home base or updating while your CPU is being 'ate up'?
It's definitely not updating, because you don't get new versions every two hours, right? And phoning home - I'm not sure, I didn't notice any traffic related to this. Also, it should be happening all the time, but in my situation Avant coughs up only after some time browsing.