Avant Browser Web sites Loading to slow

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

NCIS22
Windows Version: Windiws 7
Avant Version: 11.7 46
IE Version: Ie 8

Post by NCIS22 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:40 am

I have the latest web browswer now all my computers except the wireless labtop its working like a charm

Avant web Broswer when searching the Internet no matter what web page I load up takes 3 to five mins

it's Not the OAS packets that turned we also have that set for 0 not the default 20 it was working fine untill last week did microsoft come out with a nother stupid file thats blocking our internet cause when I call our Internet techsupport there haveing the same problem to slow from avant orca doesnt work for them eaither we can use Ie7 Ie8 had to many Bloat defualt software attached to it more stupid advertiseing then any one needs attached to it.
there no virusis on our computters or Trojans... this has Pulled every go On Bing and Google and type in

Internet Search Bar To Slow Loading and every web broswer used now has the same problem.

NCIS22
Windows Version: Windiws 7
Avant Version: 11.7 46
IE Version: Ie 8

Post by NCIS22 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

I have the latest web browswer now all my computers except the wireless labtop its working like a charm

Avant web Broswer when searching the Internet no matter what web page I load up takes 3 to five mins

it's Not the OAS packets that turned we also have that set for 0 not the default 20 it was working fine untill last week did microsoft come out with a nother stupid file thats blocking our internet cause when I call our Internet techsupport there haveing the same problem to slow from avant orca doesnt work for them eaither we can use Ie7 Ie8 had to many Bloat defualt software attached to it more stupid advertiseing then any one needs attached to it.
there no virusis on our computters or Trojans... this has Pulled every go On Bing and Google and type in

Internet Search Bar To Slow Loading and every web broswer used now has the same problem.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Avant Browser Web sites Loading to slow

Post by kudos » Wed May 26, 2010 8:34 am

Moved both posts to Avant Browser Help -kudos
(Please do not post the same question in several places)

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Wed May 26, 2010 8:37 am

Can you disable your antivirus and firewall to check if they are causing the problem.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Win 8.1 64 PC/Win 8. 64 laptop
Avant Version: Both AB Lite 2016 v2
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11 on PC and laptop
Skin: Aluminium

Post by Arandora » Wed May 26, 2010 7:37 pm

I am having a similar problem on both my PC (running Vista Home) and my laptop (XP Home) and it started on both about two weeks ago. As well as some, not all, and not always the same, websites loading painfully slowly or timing out, I receive a "website not found message" from going from a link but if I refresh, sometimes 2 or 3 times, it loads. Strangely the "website cannot be found" comes up from a Yahoo Search, even though I use Google for all my default searches and not Yahoo. Also when using Outlook, often the links result in a "page not found" or "website not found" page opening, even though a subsequent link from the same source, mostly TripAdvisor forum posts, works fine.
I belatedly updated from IE7 to IE8 over the weekend on both machines thinking/hoping this would resolve the problem but it hasn't. Disabling my Antivirus (AVG Free) and Firewall (Windows Firewall) has no effect.
Any further suggestions?
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Before trying anything else, firstly reset Internet Explorer then see if it has also fixed Avant: Close all browsers then go to Control Panel >> Internet Options >> Advanced >> Reset

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by Arandora » Wed May 26, 2010 10:59 pm

What do I lose if I perform a reset other than disablong some add-ons. What happens, for instance, to Robo Form?
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Wed May 26, 2010 11:07 pm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Is browsing always slow in Internet Explorer? Does it frequently stop responding (hang), or stop working (crash)? Do you receive error messages that indicate that Internet Explorer has "encountered a problem and needs to close"? Or that a Visual C++ "runtime error" has occurred in Iexplore.exe?

If so, then you might want to try resetting Internet Explorer. When you reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature restores the following items to their default settings:

* Home pages
* Search scopes
* Browsing history
* Form data
* Passwords
* Appearance settings
* Toolbars
* ActiveX controls

Additionally, the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature disables all add-ins. However, it does not remove the add-ins.
Bad Microsoft. Note the wrong wording - addons are not deleted, just disabled in IE. Confuses many.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by Arandora » Thu May 27, 2010 6:57 am

I've done that on my PC. Whilst there was a reetition of the going to Yahoo behaviour fron Email link and from a web page already loaded, no repetition of that yet, although some web pages loading painfully slow. I'll do the same on my laptop and monotor during the day and report back, hopefully with a successful outcome.
Thanks for the help.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by Arandora » Thu May 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Did a Reset of IE8 on both my PC and laptop and since (and I've ben using both off and on all day) the links now work properly from both Outlook and websites and browsing has increased significantly.
Thank you so much.
There is an issue remaining which I hoped this might resolve but hasn't. The only Add-on I had enabled on AB was RoboForm. I used to use the Googlr Toolbar and still would like to. However, although RobForm is shown as enabled under Tools, AB Options, it shows under View, Toolbars, but is not checked and works whether checked or not. When I enable Google toolbar and the Toolbar Helper and Notifier BHO, Google Toolbar apperas under View, Toolbars but checking it has no effect. But when I check RoboForm the Google Toolbar appears but when I do a search it behaves erratically and when typing a search or a post like this the cursor freezes. I've uninstalled both RoboForm and the Google Toolbar and reinstalled but it makes no difference. They both work normally in IE. Any ideas?

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Thu May 27, 2010 6:51 pm

There is an issue with the latest release of Google ToolBar. Google released an update to their toolbar which made it incompatible with Avant. Until either one or the other is modified to work you can try a workaround.

I'm not sure about RoboForm - I've heard mixed views on it.

Unfortunately, I do not use either. Hopefully another user may help.

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic

Post by Arandora » Thu May 27, 2010 7:26 pm

I spoke too soon. Everything was ok until I tried to enable Google toolbar etc. Having gone back to just RoboForm, my links from Outlook are playing up again. Going to Yahoo Search - why? So I'm going to reset IE again and then leave Google alone!