Drag link to open

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

wraithevolution
Windows Version: Vista
Avant Version: 11.6 build 46
IE Version: 8

Drag link to open

Post by wraithevolution » Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Greetings! I've been using an older version of Avant for a while simply because it allowed me to click and drag a link to open it in a new window. I absolutely love this function! I know there was a phase that it didn't work in newer versions so I avoided them. I just downloaded the newest version and was happy to see it back in action. However, now when I drag links open, the new window opens behind my current window, not on top like the older versions. I want them to pop open as my now viewing page. I've gone through the options several times but can't find anything. Am I missing something here? Is it possible to change this or is this the way it is now? I appreciate any help, thank you.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Drag link to open

Post by bigC » Fri May 07, 2010 6:58 pm

No, thats the way it is in the current builds. I'm told version 12 will let you choose where drag & dropped links open, foreground or background. When that comes out, I haven't a clue.

In the meanwhile, you may degrade to version 11.7 build 31 which is the last foreground opening one.

wraithevolution
Windows Version: Vista
Avant Version: 11.6 build 46
IE Version: 8

Re: Drag link to open

Post by wraithevolution » Fri May 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks bigC, I was kinda expecting I wasn't able to change it. I was thinking it was time to upgrade for security purposes. I was using that build prior, I just try and keep my pc buttoned up tight. Thought the latest version would be more secure. Thanks for the info.