Moderators: André, AvantGuard

CWM480
Windows Version: Xp Home Edition
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 47
IE Version: Internet Explorer 8

DELETING just 1 thing from History

Post by CWM480 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I keep having this WEIRD ISSUE I just installed AVANT... Latest Version.... 11.7 Build 41 And for some reason on YOUTUBE I can be sitting here and I guess I highlighted some text on and all of a sudden a GOOGLE SEARCH page comes up.... with whatever was highlighted as a search term.

I am like WTH? :shock: SO, when I go to delete it out of my history I cant find a way to just delete that 1 thing out of my history without DUMPING my whole history what happened to highlighting a line from your dropdown address bar and typing delete like in IE 6,7,8?

Thanks,
Christopher
~Christopher~

Check out my blog:
---------------------
http://life-accordingtochristopher.dlpeters.com/

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: DELETING just 1 thing from History

Post by kudos » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Is this what you are looking for:

Tools >> Avant Browser Options... >> Clear Records >> Please choose the typed address you want to delete: >> (select from drop-down list) >> Delete

Avant shares it's history with IE - it's the whole Trident engine thing - so IE itself, or 3rd party utilities that delete the history, may be able to clear it too.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

CWM480

Post by CWM480 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

kudos wrote:Is this what you are looking for:

Tools >> Avant Browser Options... >> Clear Records >> Please choose the typed address you want to delete: >> (select from drop-down list) >> Delete

Avant shares it's history with IE - it's the whole Trident engine thing - so IE itself, or 3rd party utilities that delete the history, may be able to clear it too.

See I tried that, and I pulled down the FIRST google.com but for some reason it didnt delete the entry out of AVANT. I thought if I deleted GOOGLE it would delete anything google out of AVANT.

Btw, I still dont know why I kept getting new tabs opened with a LENGITH of Texas highlighed

FOR INSTANCE

if you were to say

Tools >> Avant Browser Options... >> Clear Records >> Please choose the typed address you want to delete: >>

Well GOOGLE would open up with that in the SEARCH BAR... like it took that text and copy and pasted it into google for me.
~Christopher~

Check out my blog:
---------------------

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Firstly, is the search item available in the history list of IE? It could be that IE's history is corrupted and you may need to delete the full history - or use 3rd party software - to clear it.

Secondly - why it's happening. I wonder if you are inadvertently using the text drag and drop search feature. Here's how it works:

- highlight some text on a web page
- drag it a little with the mouse and drop it anywhere on the page
- Avant will search for that text with its default search engine

CWM480

Post by CWM480 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 pm

kudos wrote:Firstly, is the search item available in the history list of IE? It could be that IE's history is corrupted and you may need to delete the full history - or use 3rd party software - to clear it.

Secondly - why it's happening. I wonder if you are inadvertently using the text drag and drop search feature. Here's how it works:

Well I did do a reset of IE 8 before I installed AVANT.

The thing is... when you go to history you click the GOOGLE folder

then it shows anything I did though google.com

but when you go to delete the history.... the only thing in the dropdown of CLEAR ITEM is like facebook.com , google.com , myspace.com etc etc... Not the accidental search and I think your right I think that IS what is happening I must of dragged and dropped and it opened google search for that line... Is there a way to disable it?

Thanks,
~Christopher~

Check out my blog:
---------------------

CWM480

Post by CWM480 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:16 pm

kudos wrote:Firstly, is the search item available in the history list of IE? It could be that IE's history is corrupted and you may need to delete the full history - or use 3rd party software - to clear it.

I dont know Kudos... I just feel LOCKED IN to Avant if I dont have the simple option of pulling down a LINK and tapping the delete key if, everytime I have to clear my WHOLE ENTIRE history just to remove one link. because it looks like what you told me to do.... the CLEAR HISTORY TAB, PULL DOWN A LINK TO DELETE IT.... only works on Typed address's not on pages you casually browsed to or clicked on. [-X
~Christopher~

Check out my blog:
---------------------

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 pm

I suggest that you add a request to the forum so that the developers may see it.

If really corrupted, you may need to do another IE reset. Try using something like IEHistoryView for more selective cleaning.

As for the drag and drop, there is currently no way to disable it - but there has been talk that it will be manageable in the forthcoming v12.