Blocker.swf

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

dwr2
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 46
IE Version: 8

Re: Blocker.swf

Post by dwr2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 pm

I have IE8 8.0.6001.18702, but I'm not using IE on Facebook/Farmville.
I have XP SP3
I'll try going directly to farmville.com to see if I have the problem and let you know.

dwr2

Post by dwr2 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Yes, I still have the problem when going to farmville.com on Avant. It doesn't happen when I do either FaceBook or FarmVille on IE8.

Angelynn
Windows Version: Vista Home Ed. 32 bit
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 45

Post by Angelynn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

I removed the blocker.swf file from the C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\res folder and the popups stopped.
Angy

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Angelynn wrote:I removed the blocker.swf file from the C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\res folder and the popups stopped.
You may want to try this tip.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

dwr2

Post by dwr2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Done. Hopefully that will solve the problem, but not cause other problems. I'll provide an update after I've had some time to see what happens.

newtekie1
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Pro x64
Avant Version: Latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Opal Glass

Post by newtekie1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:06 pm

I can confirm I'm still having this problem with build 46.

The blocker.swf is not only used when you disable flash, but also when you enable the ad blocker, as it is used to remove the flash ads.

I know for me, the problem is really bad when I have the GPU Folding@Home running, and almost non-existant when when I don't have it running.

For me, this makes sense, considering they just added GPU rendering to the latest Flash versions, and my GPU is heavily loaded with F@H, so the timing issue appears.

I know there is a work around, which I haven't tried yet, but wouldn't it be easy and quick for Anderson to include that work around in the next build? Wouldn't it only be a few seconds of replacing the file he currently uses with the workaround file, so the work around is included with the install exe? I mean seriously, it can't take that long.

dwr2

Post by dwr2 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:54 am

Deleting the blocker.swf file from the C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\res folder as suggested by Angelynn and downloading and unzipping a replacement file as suggested by kudos solved the majority of the problem--I no longer get multiple popups (the record is 28) as described in my original post.

I am, however, still having problems with a popup that asks if I want to open or save the new blocker.swf file. This happens every time I reopen Avant and Facebook/Farmville r when I've stepped away from the computer for a while. It pops up three times and the only thing I can do is click on the Cancel button three times to get rid of it til the next time.

How about just putting the new blocker.swf file in the next Avant build?