Avant not opening, not uninstalling.

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

anthonyjohn41
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Avant not opening, not uninstalling.

Post by anthonyjohn41 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 am

For some reason my Avant browser would not open yesterday, neither by desktop icon nor in the programme list. I attempted to uninstall so that I could revert to the previous version but it would not uninstall, neither from the Avant uninstall nor the Add/Remove. The uninstall progress box opened but stuck at the first green blob on the progress bar.

This is the second time I have had a problem with this build or version (see post 24 th Jan 09) and am not satisfied with it. It is also slower to load than my previous versions.

Please inform how I may uninstall and direct me to the previous version.

When I booted my PC this morning I clicked on the Avant desktop icon from habit and it opened (as you can see).

I am not very computer literate so would appreciate answer to be as non-tech as possible.

daveshrop
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: XP SP3
Avant Version: 11.7 build 23
IE Version: 8

Re: Avant not opening, not uninstalling.

Post by daveshrop » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:46 pm

Check Avant is not running in Task Manager prior to uninstall.
Revo Uninstaller is good freeware for thorough uninstallation of programs.
Old versions can be accessed from this thread... http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic ... 39&t=13185

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Avant not opening, not uninstalling.

Post by Jasmine » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 am

Suggest you to redownload Avant Browser from http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/1397 ... bsetup.exe. We had a silent update with some changes.
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com