Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: windows sp3 2003 vista win7
Avant Version: Latest release
IE Version: IE9 8 7

Re: Bookmarks Lost

Post by Jasmine » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 am

Not sure now as I don't want to interrupt him when he's busy with developing, but I've suggested him to do so in my submitted document with underline and will talk specifically about this with him.

Since he said customizable profile location feature would be included into 12.0 I think it's possible to merge USB version with our standard version. The differences between current USB and standard version are where the profiles are saved to and how they're installed. If now you remove .default folder from Avant folder where Avant USB version is unzipped to, a USB version will turn into a standard version with Online Storage feature. Also you can turn Avant Browser from standard version to USB version simply by moving the whole folder(it's Avant Browser) where it's installed to a flash stick and accordingly creating a .default folder inside. How do you think? Is USB version necessary?
Please provide the following information before reporting problems:
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;
Optional: Firewall; Graphics Card

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.
E-mail: Jasmine#avantbrowser.com(please repalce # with @)
MSN: dishmoon#msn.com

André
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64
Avant Version:

Post by André » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:51 am

The USB version should have the option of using the Online storage, just storing all the data in the program folder instead of the Application Data folder.
Formerly known as DrDrrae.
I am not a member of the development team.
Please search the forum before posting questions.

Avant Force Wiki || Avant Force Blog
Desktop:
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.7GHz || 8GiBs DDR2 800 @ 435MHz || Asus P5E
112 GiB SSD || 931 GiB HDD || 2x ATI 5770 in CrossfireX || Picture

NetBook:
ASUS Eee PC 1000HE || 1.66 GHz Atom N280 || 2 GiB DDR2 667 || 320 GiB HDD

NAS:
Intel E5200 @ 2.632 GHz || 4 GiB DDR2 800 @ 421 MHz || Foxconn G31MXP-K
5.45 TiB RAID 6

ycorp
Windows Version: MS Windows XP Home
Avant Version: 11.7 B23
IE Version: 7

Post by ycorp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:43 pm

HI,
I have lost my entire bookmarks too !
I have send a private email to the support staff already but have not heard anything from them.
Can someone help?
Please restore my backup copy or something...

Regards,
Justin

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:06 pm

DrDrrae wrote:The USB version should have the option of using the Online storage, just storing all the data in the program folder instead of the Application Data folder.
Yes! Support for this!

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:34 am

ycorp wrote:HI,
I have send a private email to the support staff already but have not heard anything from them.
Can someone help?

Regards,
Justin
Hi,
Jasmine wrote: Hi,

Which day to restore to?Please let me know the day when everything are there.

Sent: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 am
You didn't reply me yet.
Avant Version; System(also point out it is a 32 or 64-bit OS);IE; Memory Size; CPU Speed;

For the problems hard to replay, could you add me into your MSN or Skype list if you use either of them? The advantage is that you can let us know the situation in the first place by making some screenshots, sharing your screen or explaining the specific problems more clearly when they happen.

drewcab
Windows Version: xp-sp3
Avant Version: 11.7 build 23
IE Version: 7 something

Post by drewcab » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:08 am

I just "upgraded" from 11.7 build 23 to 11.7 build 23. I have (or had) auto-update turned off and check manually. On rebooting my pc and starting Avant Brower an hour ago I got the "congratulations!" page. Unneccessary and unasked-for.

I also lost all my settings except my customised search engines (for which I'd be really **** off about.)

What I am rather irritated about is that my bookmarks reverted to the ones I had about a year ago. Only a few hours will lost trying to relocate them I suppose. Can we blame this on Conficker or being conned by something else?

I've been using Avant Browser since about 2003 and have always appreciated its response, feel, and customization options. I hope I don't have to end up using that home-phoning sluggard Firefox.

Thank you,
drewcab

btw
up-to-date AV and firewall

drewcab

Post by drewcab » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:04 am

Gimme my bookmarks!

Any programmers here? Any non-xml robots?

Also, I don't use AB offline storage/tracking/trading stuff (as far as I know.)
I've caught Anderson or his commissioned (or, most likely, vice versa) uber-spies occasionally try to sneak in a few lowballs 'though. Cut that **** out or let the golden rule apply. But you and the henchmen are very well prepared, of course. So, it would be a strange battle of good vs. ab(corp +us +chgov +bigbigmoneygov) good. Maybe I'd win!

Peace to those who have a conscience, lack of sleep to others.
drewcab

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:52 pm

drewcab wrote:Gimme my bookmarks!

Any programmers here? Any non-xml robots?

Also, I don't use AB offline storage/tracking/trading stuff (as far as I know.)
I've caught Anderson or his commissioned (or, most likely, vice versa) uber-spies occasionally try to sneak in a few lowballs 'though. Cut that **** out or let the golden rule apply. But you and the henchmen are very well prepared, of course. So, it would be a strange battle of good vs. ab(corp +us +chgov +bigbigmoneygov) good. Maybe I'd win!

Peace to those who have a conscience, lack of sleep to others.
drewcab
What in the world are you talking about?

Jasmine
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jasmine » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:26 am

drewcab wrote:I just "upgraded" from 11.7 build 23 to 11.7 build 23. I have (or had) auto-update turned off and check manually. On rebooting my pc and starting Avant Brower an hour ago I got the "congratulations!" page. Unneccessary and unasked-for.

I also lost all my settings except my customised search engines (for which I'd be really **** off about.)

What I am rather irritated about is that my bookmarks reverted to the ones I had about a year ago. Only a few hours will lost trying to relocate them I suppose. Can we blame this on Conficker or being conned by something else?

I've been using Avant Browser since about 2003 and have always appreciated its response, feel, and customization options. I hope I don't have to end up using that home-phoning sluggard Firefox.

Thank you,
drewcab

btw
up-to-date AV and firewall
Hi, very sorry for the trouble.Have you been using Avant Online Storage feature? If so I can help to restore your data from our backup file. Please private message me your account and the day when everything are there.

drewcab

Post by drewcab » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks for the response.

No online storage for me.

Thank you,
drewcab

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 pm

TRY a older version and if you remember when this this happened system restore should bring all back EIther way for now then go back to the next new verion :thumbup:

physics
Windows Version: windows xp
Avant Version: 11.7 build 26
IE Version: version 7

Post by physics » Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 pm

ycorp wrote:HI,
Can someone help?

Regards,
Justin
The same thing with me , I don't Know what can I do ?

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm

You have nothing to lose now
Archive is at: http://avant.it-mate.co.uk

That build is: http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/dl/Avant_Bro ... ild_46.exe
all i can think of is to try this exact version above it may work. I use this version from time to time while i wait for the new version i believe darth as well uses this version.So as i say you have nothing to lose at this point if you have a problem or donot like the recomended version you can always go back . Please let us know if this brought your bookmarks back.If you try it . :)

physics

Post by physics » Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm

AXEMAN wrote:You have nothing to lose now
Archive is at: http://avant.it-mate.co.uk

That build is: http://avant.it-mate.co.uk/dl/Avant_Bro ... ild_46.exe
all i can think of is to try this exact version above it may work. I use this version from time to time while i wait for the new version i believe darth as well uses this version.So as i say you have nothing to lose at this point if you have a problem or donot like the recomended version you can always go back . Please let us know if this brought your bookmarks back.If you try it . :)
Thank you very much for your response , I tried this exact version and this not brought my bookmarks back .
This is what exactly happened to me :
My Bookmarks were stored online storage for a long time , and in (1 May , 2009 ) ; there were a problem with the server and I couldn't log in my account and in ( 3 May , 2009 ) I could log in my account but I don't find all my Bookmarks .
I am sure that the date when they're complete is ( 1 May , 2009 ) but if there's nothing to lose at this point then what is the earliest date to this date ( 1 May , 2009 ) I can Regain my bookmarks .

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite

Post by AXEMAN » Tue May 05, 2009 8:44 pm

You know norton 360 on my other puter it tried to back up my entire computer online and i was in the same boat as you . They said first delete your current version then install the oldversion the remove your online storage the goback to new version . Then jump through some more hoops i did all this still could not access the online storage.So i got real mad i just junked it all and just formated and stayed away from norton. I never did get the info back so i know what you are going through man you may have to format. put all your stuff you want onto a cd and format this way everything will work again . Just another option :)

physics

Post by physics » Wed May 06, 2009 5:09 am

AXEMAN wrote:You know norton 360 on my other puter it tried to back up my entire computer online and i was in the same boat as you . They said first delete your current version then install the oldversion the remove your online storage the goback to new version . Then jump through some more hoops i did all this still could not access the online storage.So i got real mad i just junked it all and just formated and stayed away from norton. I never did get the info back so i know what you are going through man you may have to format. put all your stuff you want onto a cd and format this way everything will work again . Just another option :)
Thank you very much to this effort by me to help me to restore my lost bookmarks , Jasmine restored my bookmarks and now I'm very happy :D

v0pelor
Windows Version: Vista (x64) SP1
Avant Version: 11.7.23
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18762 (x64)

Post by v0pelor » Sun May 17, 2009 2:39 pm

that was happened to me too,I have lost all my bookmarks and couldn't get them back.

sarayut
Windows Version: xp
Avant Version: 11.7 B35
IE Version: 8

Post by sarayut » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:31 am

How to backup all personal data that store by online storage? download to local drive? or ..?? becasue in case of we have accident to syncronize or upload Blank data.

Vicious!
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.7
IE Version: 7

Post by Vicious! » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Hey,

It happened again, 2 or 3 year old settings overwrote the actual datas. I don't know why. So could you please reset the online storage datas it was 3 days ago?

Thx in advance.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:13 pm

Vicious! wrote:Hey,

It happened again, 2 or 3 year old settings overwrote the actual datas. I don't know why. So could you please reset the online storage datas it was 3 days ago?

Thx in advance.
Please contact the recovery team with your account details.