Avant & Roboform

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Kevin872
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Avant & Roboform

Post by Kevin872 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:10 pm

Using latest version of Avant (11.7 build 15 SR2) and latest version of Roboform (6.9.91).

I upgraded to Avant 11.x from 10.x not too long after building my new computer. While I am not sure of the exact problem, I suspect it is Avant.

The problem is that when I use Roboform Search Cards, the resulting window always gets blocked by the Avant pop-up blocker. This always worked before. The option in Roboform to "call default browser to avoid pop-up blocking' is enabled, and I have no other pop-up blocker installed. Does Avant handle new browser calls when it is already opened differently now? I can't figure this out. And yes, Avant is the default browser. :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Sara
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2015 build 27lite
Default engine: N/A
IE Version: IE 10(64 bit)
Skin: Crystal

Re: Avant & Roboform

Post by Sara » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 am

Have you gone to Tools->Avant Browser Options->Add-ons and checked the appropriate Roboform boxes? You don't have to chech the toolbar, I didn't and the Pop-up works fine.

Kevin872
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Re: Avant & Roboform

Post by Kevin872 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:24 pm

All Roboform-related entries are selected in Avant Options>Addons. I tried de-selecting any that didn't make it stop working completely and there was no change... all the pop-ups get blocked.

Note that using the login features of Roboform work fine. A new window (tab) opens and everything works as expected. It is when using SEARCH CARDS that the pop-up problem occurs.

Update: It appears that default Roboform search cards work okay but custom ones do not. I could swear this used to work before but now I am second-guessing myself. I think at this point I will contact the Roboform people and see what they say.