Avant browser freezing up

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Angelynn
Windows Version: Vista Home Ed. 32 bit
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 45
IE Version: 8

Avant browser freezing up

Post by Angelynn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:39 am

I can get have several windows open for awhile but then it will start freezing up and eventually shut itself off. I have Vista Home Premium. Avant version 11.7 build 12. I tried disabling flash animation and that helped for a bit but not anymore. If the browser freezes, I can go back and forth between tabs but nothing in the actual screen itself. Anyone have any suggestions? I have also tried switching over to IE but the same thing happens there too.
Angy

Arandora
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: Win 8.1 64 PC/Win 8. 64 laptop
Avant Version: Both AB Lite 2016 v2
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE 11 on PC and laptop
Skin: Aluminium

Re: Avant browser freezing up

Post by Arandora » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:11 am

Same thing happened with me on my Vista Home Premium PC when I installed AB V7 b9 and each subsequent download to the current b12. If I had multiple tabs open when I downloaded, closed them then installed the latest version, then opened AB with the previous tabs it locked solid. Had to use Task Manager a couple of times to End Process. Even if I closed all the windows except my Home Page, when I reloaded AB after the new install then tried to open the last, or indeed any Group, AB froze. 2 or 3 End Processes, the odd reboot and reopens necessary to get AB to load pages properly. After nearly a week AB seems now to be back to normal.
After this experience I hung off moving from b9 on my XP Home laptop until 3 days ago when I went straight to b12. Same thing happened - only worse! When I opened AB after the install, everything locked. Couldn't get at Task Manager as mouse stuck rigid. After reboot and several reopens/End Processes, this too now seems to be working OK again.
I'd been hanging on for posts from others with same problem and for next build hoping it would show "Fixed bug that locks AB up as tight as the proverbial duck's a*s!"
Laptop Windows 8.2 64 bit, IE11; PC Win 8.1, IE11. Both AB Lite 2016 b 2 IE Favorites, IE11 Standards rendering engine.

Angelynn
Windows Version: Vista Home Ed. 32 bit
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 45
IE Version: 8

Re: Avant browser freezing up

Post by Angelynn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:15 am

I downloaded the latest version but I am still having the same problem. It freezes up then closes down. Disabling flash animations seems to help for awhile but inevitably the problem rears it's ugly head again. Any suggestions would be helpfiul. I really like the product (except for this problem) and would hate to have to find something else if I cannot get this problem fixed.
Angy