SetPoint - Middle Button MX 1000

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

skandranon
Avant Version:

SetPoint - Middle Button MX 1000

Post by skandranon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:12 am

Hello and thank you for your time :wink:

Search provided no help with this problem.

I have a logitech mx 1000 laser mouse with the lastest setpoint (4.40.88) installed. Setpoint, worthless junk that it is :cry:, is a topic for another forum. After a recent reinstall of xp, I have been unable to regain the ability to use my middle mouse button to open a page in a new window. I know there are known bugs with setpoint and avant, I have to use Alt-L and Alt-R to go forward and back. However in the past I was able to set the middle button to something in setpoint that worked. I can not recall what I set it to, so I tried virtualy everything. Zoom, middle button, double click, do nothing, generic button, and a few other random ones. One of these used to work. Now nothing does.

Anyone else have this problem? Or more importantly a solution to this problem?

I love Avant, been a long time user. Even when all the other geeks make fun of you for not using firefox :mrgreen: I stand by it. But it sucks having to set the three most used buttons on my mouse just for this one application.

I just found out today, that only one guy makes avant. Wow, great job! =D>

I know you must be bust, but please if you can fix the setpoint issuses, I want my mouse back and I dont want to not use avant, I love it too much!

skandranon
Avant Version:

Re: SetPoint - Middle Button MX 1000

Post by skandranon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:39 am

Just found out about Orca. :D

Avant without a ie back end! OOOO Sweet! Forget about fixing avant, release a non beta Orca!

I have to test this out. I may be switching entirly. No mouse problems there.

Would still like to know how to fix my middle button in avant, just in case Orca isnt stable enough for everyday use yet.

Thanks again for any help.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:56 pm

I don't know about Logitech, but some time ago, Microsoft changed their default middle button action from AutoScroll to New Window. Avant needs the setting to be AutoScroll.

skandranon
Avant Version:

Post by skandranon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:54 am

Autoscroll works! Thanks!

Hate autoscrool :( :p

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm

Again, I'm not sure about Logtech, but Microsoft has the ability to change the button functionality depending on the program, so you could leave it at whatever you like, but use AutoScroll for Avant.

skandranon
Avant Version:

Post by skandranon » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:57 am

I am a little unclear. When you say microsoft, are you referring to the microsoft equivalent of set point? Or the default windows mouse controls.

In windows I can not change anything like that, so I am assuming you mean microsoft drivers for mircosoft mice.

Setpoint (logitech) is the reason I am not going to be buying any logitech mice or keyboards anymore. It has long been software to be ashamed of. A fact made more apparentby visiting the forums over there. I keep holding out hoping it will get better, as the hardware is excellent, but it never does. In the end, excellent hardware is not worth pathetic software and drivers.

In any case setpoint does not do application specific settings, or at least not properly.

Thanks again for your help!

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 am

Yes, I was talking about Microsoft mouse drivers.