ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Avant Version: 2010 build 3
IE Version: 8

programs opening up ie

Post by ronnycopeh » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:53 pm

I have avant set as my default browser everywhere I know to but there are a few programs like my firewall or others that have link that open up internet explorer its not a real big deal but I like using avant for all web stuff. I just copy the link and place it in avant but I rather it open it up. Is there something I can do?
Windows 7 Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Windows mail, IE9, 8GB Ram, 25 megs DSL,
750g HD, Avast Internet Security , Winpatrol Plus, Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

"Worry about nothing, Pray about anything and Thank God for everything"

adli89
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: 2010 Build 7

Re: programs opening up ie

Post by adli89 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 am

Try:

Tools > Avant Browser Options > Files And Protocols, and click Set Avant Browser as the default web browser. Make sure you tick every boxes above though (except Avant Browser should check to see whether it is the default web browser) ;)

Edit: I didn't see that you already made Avant your default program. :oops: Did you tick the boxes?

ronnycopeh
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Avant Version: 2010 build 3

Post by ronnycopeh » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 am

Thanks I stated above that avant was set as the default in all places, even when I open link in emails, the open avant, only when I click a link on firewall or antivirus will ie open
Windows 7 Ultimate, Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10, Windows mail, IE9, 8GB Ram, 25 megs DSL,
750g HD, Avast Internet Security , Winpatrol Plus, Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

"Worry about nothing, Pray about anything and Thank God for everything"

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43

Post by abfan123 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Hello,
It seems like a problem with the other programs.
They're programmed to open links in the Internet Explorer instead of the default web browser.
Anderson (The developer) applied a workaround once in Avant to "catch" all the links, But it've caused a lot of problems and he got it removed (I might be wrong, But I guess it've been removed)
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

hammerman
Avant Version:

Post by hammerman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:13 pm

i need help also....i hate that ALL WINDOWS-TABS-BOOKMARKS-ECT OPEN UP IN IE..., NOT AVANT !!! also,,,,,,my outlook express will not open any links. it just goes to the last window i was viewing. i have read and tried all the fixes i could find. nothing works. even tried to restore to an earlier time when all was working but even that only offers me the latest one.....no help at all. SAVE ME !

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43

Post by abfan123 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:52 pm

hammerman wrote:i need help also....i hate that ALL WINDOWS-TABS-BOOKMARKS-ECT OPEN UP IN IE..., NOT AVANT !!! also,,,,,,my outlook express will not open any links. it just goes to the last window i was viewing. i have read and tried all the fixes i could find. nothing works. even tried to restore to an earlier time when all was working but even that only offers me the latest one.....no help at all. SAVE ME !
Hello,
What's your Windows and Outlook Express version?
Also, Please provide your Avant Browser's version & build (Please go to help>About Avant Browser...)
IE8(Pro), Microsoft Security Essentials
Main PC:
Secondary PC same as primary but with Windows 7 x64 Ultimate as the OS.

ditvenet
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.6
IE Version: 7.0

Post by ditvenet » Tue May 06, 2008 9:35 pm

I am using Avant 11.6, Outlook Express 6, and IE 7. I can click on a link in an email in Outlook Express and it will open if in IE 7 if I do not have Avant open. If I have Avant open, clinking on the link does not work at all. Did anyone figure this out? Thanks.

Larry