Fan
Windows Version: WIN 7 SP1 home premium
Avant Version: 2011 beta 18
IE Version: IE9

I've forgotten my password for online storage

Post by HarryP » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:56 pm

Hi, a German colleague has the following question:
BalouM wrote:Hallo,

da mein Englisch nicht ganz so prickelnd ist, versuch ich es mal bei einem deutschen Avant-Browser-Kundigen. :-) Ich habe ein Problem und hoffe dringend auf Hilfe. Ich habe leider blöderweise das (Sicherheits-)Kennwort für den Online Storage bzw. fürs Autoausfüllen komplett vergessen. Kann man das irgendwie rücksetzen? Ist mir dabei völlig egal, was darunter für Speicherungen waren. War praktisch nicht viel bzw. fast gar nichts. Also, brauche ich auch nicht zwingend Zugriff auf den derzeitigen Speicher. Nur hätte ich halt doch gern die Möglichkeit zum "Online-Speichern" im geschätzten Avant-Browser genutzt.
Gibt es da eine Möglichkeit?

Schon mal Danke fürs Antworten!

Schönen Gruß aus München!

BalouM
Here is the translation to English:

Hello, because my English is not completely so tingling, I try it sometimes with a German Avant browser expert. I have a problem and urgently hope for help. Unfortunately, I have completely forgotten stupid-wise the (security) code-word for the on-line Storage or for autofilling. Can one reset this anyhow? Besides, makes no difference to me completely what were under it for storages. Was not practically a lot or almost nothing at all. So, I also do not need compelling access to the present memory. Only I would have hold, nevertheless, with pleasure the possibility for the "on-line memory" in the respected Avant browser used. Is there there a possibility? Already to thanks for answers! Nice greeting from Munich!

Have anyone a solution for the problem of our German colleague?

You can sent the answer to me, I'll translate it for him.
Thank you!

HarryP

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: I've forgotten my password for online storage

Post by hornakapopolis » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:25 pm

The AutoFill and online storage passwords are two completely different things. If they set a password for AutoFills and can't remember it, they're up the creek without the figurative paddle. (And off the top of my head, I'm not sure you can even delete your autofills to start over. My guess is that you'd have to go to the Avant Profiles folder and delete or rename the formdata file.)

I don't use online storage, but isn't there an option to have your password e-mailed to you at the login screen? That should take care of that part.

HarryP
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: WIN 7 SP1 home premium
Avant Version: 2011 beta 18
IE Version: IE9

Post by HarryP » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:06 am

hornakapopolis wrote:The AutoFill and online storage passwords are two completely different things. If they set a password for AutoFills and can't remember it, they're up the creek without the figurative paddle. (And off the top of my head, I'm not sure you can even delete your autofills to start over. My guess is that you'd have to go to the Avant Profiles folder and delete or rename the formdata file.)

I don't use online storage, but isn't there an option to have your password e-mailed to you at the login screen? That should take care of that part.
Hier die Übersetzung (sinngemäß :D ):

Die Kennwörter für "AutoFill" und "Online storage" sind zwei völlig verschiedene Dinge. Ob man sie löschen oder rücksetzten kann, weiß ich gar nicht genau. Eine Lösung könnte sein, in der Avant-Profil-Mappe die "formdata"-Datei umzubenennen oder zu löschen.
Aber es sollte am Anmeldungsschirm zum Online storage die Möglichkeit geben, sich das vergessene password per E-Mail schicken zu lassen, oder? Das solltest Du mal probieren.

HarryP

BalouM
Windows Version: Windows 7 64bit
Avant Version: Ultimate 2012 b.27
IE Version: 9.08112 64bit

Post by BalouM » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:27 pm

@hornakapopolis:

Hello,

thanx a lot for your help! Your hint doesn't worked. But after your message I had the idea to clean the directory from my special profile folder and kept the default. After that I can see the login screen again like before. So I have got possibilty to sent my password from server. 8) :)

@HarryP

Danke auch nochmal an Dich! 8) :)

Greetings from Munich!

BalouM