image toolbar doesn't recognize jpgs

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Kamugin
Avant Version:

Re: image toolbar doesn't recognize jpgs

Post by Kamugin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Thanks, but that add on doesn't work... I think my Avant is kinda bugged lately, the option "disable flash animations" isn't marked and yet they doesn't open. Try this site http://www.beatles.com , there is a flash at the top wich IE exhibes, but Avant dont and go to albuns section in the same site and try save any cover image with that add on you told me.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:23 pm

Yep, you're right. The right-click add-on doesn't for me, either... although turning off scripts still loads the image and allows the right-click. (By the way, I don't know how that add-on installs, but I run it as an Auto-Execute script.)

The Flash on the home page is being blocked by the Ad Blocker here. Right click on the http://www.beatles.com/hub/love/love_banner5.swf entry (I'm pretty sure that's it) at View -> Blocked URLs -> ADs and choose one of the selections to prevent it from being blocked.

Kamugin
Avant Version:

Post by Kamugin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:41 pm

Yeah, the front cover of the albuns loads and can be saved with scripts disbled, but back covers and inside artworks, wich loads via scripts, don't. I've tried that add-on as "script button" and "auto execute" but still nothing.

The ad blocker really is disabling some flash animations, thanks.

pisssed
Avant Version:

Post by pisssed » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:11 pm

Could someone with this prob try this I noticed this morning the tool bar would work correctly (show image url save) if I would hit the unload page and a the same time as the page was loading have the curser over the pic??? works ok but if you move curser off pic then back on a little window pops up saying image (no tool bar)???

Kamugin
Avant Version:

Post by Kamugin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:23 pm

This works, ****! While the image is loading, hit the save icon on the toolbar and wait for the image load completely, then you can save... but after the image loads, no toolbar.

pisssed
Avant Version:

Post by pisssed » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:11 pm

ok with that wonder whats going on?

pisssed
Avant Version:

Post by pisssed » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:49 am

Hello???????????????

zdoon
Avant Version:

Post by zdoon » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 pm

I already noted that when a picture is still loading and you place a mouse cursor over the pic, you get the toolbar. After that, there's nothing.

Considering that the toolbar shows up on other user accounts on this computer, and doesn't on mine, in safeboot mode or else, I tried figuring out what was special about the settings of this user account.

Unfortunately, I got tired of playing detective/pseudo computer scientist and now I pretty much gave up. The toolbar is a really great feature. Good thing I don't deal with jpgs much these days. Otherwise, I'd probably do a format or a non-destructive recover.

If any of you guys ever figure out the solution, please write it down here.

Or if any computer genius ever gets a eureka, let us know. I'll continue to check up on this thread.

anthonyjohn41
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:

Post by anthonyjohn41 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:55 pm

My floating toolbar works perfectly but as someone else posted earlier, when doing a lot of work it can be a nuisance. Is it possible to temporarily disable or suspend it for a limited period, without going through a lot of rigmarole :roll:

josephrot
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: XP SP1 SP2 SP3 Vista
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: IE 6 and 7 Firefox

Post by josephrot » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:11 pm

Kamugin wrote:That toolbar was useful for me when some webpages have that lousy script disabling right clicks on images, you cannot choose "save picture as".
I think this bug first appear after I have a crash because some program I already uninstalled, but now I can't remember wich program was.
Luckily, since most all -- 99.5% of us -- Avant 11 B46 users do not have any problems with the pop-up image tool-bar working or showing itself...at least it's not caused by a defect IN Avant, although could be an Avant setting, another conflict with some software, or a system problem, etc.

The idea of how a similar option works in Opera gives rise to maybe an improvement in how Avant could have the image / pop-up function happen and work, though.
Computers are perfect! Absolutely nothing can guo wonge...
Those are NOT bugs in this software - Only Undocumented Transient Features

tuck
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Vista Business
Avant Version: Current USB
IE Version: 7

Post by tuck » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:27 pm

josephrot wrote:99.5% of us
Out of curiosity, where did that statistic come from?

Kamugin
Avant Version:

Post by Kamugin » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:18 am

Enough of this ****! Today I did a complete system restoration with a Norton Ghost image of my drive C: I saved before. This was the final solution of that bug. Everything ok with the toolbar now! :evil:

pisssed
Avant Version:

Post by pisssed » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:57 pm

what do I need to have to do that???? how do you do that what will i loose??

josephrot
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: XP SP1 SP2 SP3 Vista
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 19
IE Version: IE 6 and 7 Firefox

Post by josephrot » Tue May 01, 2007 9:09 am

tuck wrote:
josephrot wrote:99.5% of us
Out of curiosity, where did that statistic come from?
Collection of places... our estimated 40 to 45 end-users of all systems and levels here or at the other clients I work with or manage, plus about 20 others, sometimes more, Avant users in Canada, Australia, and UK and USA that I or others touch base now and then.

Not a GREAT number of users, but we are well represented with a fairly large and diverse group of hardware, software, Win operating systems, etc.

Enough to tell that most of Avants problems are the end-users / other software messing with their systems, however, Avant like any software DOES have some "bug-lets" that need to be conquered, for sure.

Enough that perhaps someday we can write and publish an eBook and/or white-paper book based on all the above and their / our Avant experiences.

However, I am NOT one for keeping voluminous statistics.

At the least, we we keep tabs on a few critical running Avant-related totals on problems, situations, the causes of most of the problems, at least from our "group" perspective -- totals that seem more useful.
Computers are perfect! Absolutely nothing can guo wonge...
Those are NOT bugs in this software - Only Undocumented Transient Features

zdoon
Avant Version:

Post by zdoon » Thu May 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi!

Here's an update, but it's not very precise.

First, my avant works normal again!

Since the last time I rebooted, I did a number of things which is why I'm not sure which is responsible for the fix.

Most likely cause:

1) I downloaded Advanced System Optimizer, which is a registry fix program, and I applied the system fix.

I've done two other things too, but they are less likely (but quite possilby) responsible for the fix, and they are tedious to write out or describe so unless 1 doesn't work for others here, I'll just count myself satisfied and leave this post without elaborations. If I ever get curious I'll test around and see if certain reversions undo the fix.

pisssed
Avant Version:

Post by pisssed » Tue May 29, 2007 1:05 am

Thanks, zdoon I downloaded Advanced System Optimizer. Working normal now.........

toolsavvy
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: v11 b46
IE Version: IE6

Post by toolsavvy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:23 am

MAN!!!!!!!!!

My toolbar no longer works, either.

3 days ago I accidentally hit the first button on the toolbar (the 2 down arrows) and it disappeared. It never came back ever since.

I decided to try the Advanced System Optimizer that was suggested by they OP, but to no avail.

I'm done trying at this point. Got too many things to do.

I really wish I could get it back :cry: I really liked being able to make images smaller or larger within the browser window.

toolsavvy
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
Avant Version: v11 b46
IE Version: IE6

Post by toolsavvy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:33 am

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got it back. All I did was right-click while I held down the crtl key. Then I clicked on the double down arrow button and turned off having to use CTRL+right-click to get the toolbar. Apparently I turned that option on 3 days ago by accident. Anyhow, happy to have it back!!!!

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:51 am

That option is also available in the Tools menu, if it happens again.