Not storing bookmarks online

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Post Reply
webident
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 pm
Avant Version:

Not storing bookmarks online

Post by webident » Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:56 pm

Please forgive me if I missed something in the manual or forum :D . . . I thought when I first installed version 11, I had the option to NOT store my bookmarks online. When I check my options for Online Storage, it has Bookmarks and RSS Feeds checked and it is grayed out so I cannot change it. Can I overwrite this? I would prefer to keep my bookmarks all local. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

User avatar
Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Posts: 506
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:25 pm
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2018 build 7 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Re: Not storing bookmarks online

Post by Nederpietos » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:57 pm

Click "File" in top of your browser> My account>switch account> check "use local storage" and check "never ask when Avant browser starts".

In Tools> Avant browser options> check "use IE-favourites".

User avatar
KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:53 pm
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865
Location: Burkesville, KY
Contact:

Re: Not storing bookmarks online

Post by KY Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:35 pm

You'll be happy to know that...

once your information is stored online, there's nothing you can do to get it offline. :roll:

The above suggestion only stops AVANT from storing any new information online, the file with your previous information will remain online even if you do as instructed.
Last edited by KY Dave on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KY Dave

Family Blog

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Re: Not storing bookmarks online

Post by abfan123 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:38 pm

KY Dave wrote:You'll be happy to know that...

once your bookmarks are stored online, there's nothing you can do to get them offline. :roll:
Not entirely.
You can still import them into your local account. ;)

User avatar
KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:53 pm
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865
Location: Burkesville, KY
Contact:

Post by KY Dave » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:40 pm

Please explain...
how you would erase your information from the online storage?
KY Dave

Family Blog

abfan123
Avantus Maximus
Avantus Maximus
Posts: 5624
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:24 pm
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: 8
Contact:

Post by abfan123 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:44 pm

KY Dave wrote:Please explain...
how you would erase your information from the online storage?
Just delete everything from your online account.
But I've probably got you wrong.
I thought that you said that there's no way to export your bookmark from your online storage account.

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 7244
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:40 pm
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal
Location: New York

Post by bigC » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:51 pm

KY Dave wrote:Please explain...
how you would erase your information from the online storage?
Just login, delete all your bookmarks and log out.

webident
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:45 pm
Avant Version:

Re: Not storing bookmarks online

Post by webident » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Thank you all for your help!

Okay, I'm a dork. :oops: When I went to File --> My Account --> Switch Account, it showed that I DO have the "local storage only" option selected. So, it would seem that the reason that the Bookmarks and RSS feed boxes were greyed-out in the Online Storage options is because I am NOT using it. Does that seem right? If so, then what "threw me" is that the Bookmarks and RSS boxes were checked. I imagine that they are only checked because they are the default selections so that if you enable the online storage, it defaults to those choices. I hope that makes sense.

User avatar
KY Dave
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 1:53 pm
Windows Version: XP Home, Pro, Vista, Win 7
Avant Version: 11.7 build 46SR
IE Version: 8.0.7600.3865
Location: Burkesville, KY
Contact:

Post by KY Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:21 am

bigC wrote:
KY Dave wrote:Please explain...
how you would erase your information from the online storage?
Just login, delete all your bookmarks and log out.
So you would have to delete all the bookmarks, usernames and passwords, then you're saying that would then clear ALL the information from the online storage database and a user's file would be clean the next time they logged into ONLINE STORAGE?
KY Dave

Family Blog

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 7244
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:40 pm
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal
Location: New York

Post by bigC » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:57 pm

KY Dave wrote:
bigC wrote:
KY Dave wrote:Please explain...
how you would erase your information from the online storage?
Just login, delete all your bookmarks and log out.
So you would have to delete all the bookmarks, usernames and passwords, then you're saying that would then clear ALL the information from the online storage database and a user's file would be clean the next time they logged into ONLINE STORAGE?
Thats my understanding, yes.

batagy
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 11:52 pm
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: IE8.0
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by batagy » Mon May 21, 2007 12:09 am

So now here is the million dollar question:
How you could delete your Avant Online Storage account completely? I mean not only delete the contents of it, but delete the account itself. Is it possible?

I've searched in the forum, but found nothing about it.

(I only registered because of trying out the translation, but I don't want to have any online storage account.)

Sergei
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Posts: 2488
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:09 am
Windows Version: Windows
Avant Version:
Location: Galway, Ireland
Contact:

Re: Not storing bookmarks online

Post by Sergei » Mon May 21, 2007 1:42 am

webident wrote:Thank you all for your help!

Okay, I'm a dork. :oops: When I went to File --> My Account --> Switch Account, it showed that I DO have the "local storage only" option selected. So, it would seem that the reason that the Bookmarks and RSS feed boxes were greyed-out in the Online Storage options is because I am NOT using it. Does that seem right? If so, then what "threw me" is that the Bookmarks and RSS boxes were checked. I imagine that they are only checked because they are the default selections so that if you enable the online storage, it defaults to those choices. I hope that makes sense.
Yes, that makes sense.
My Cartoons
:
IE7 ][ Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 ][ Avast! Antivirus ][ Kerio Firewall ][ DSL

batagy
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 06, 2003 11:52 pm
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
Avant Version: 11.7 build 43
IE Version: IE8.0
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by batagy » Wed May 30, 2007 8:09 pm

batagy wrote:So now here is the million dollar question:
How you could delete your Avant Online Storage account completely? I mean not only delete the contents of it, but delete the account itself. Is it possible?

I've searched in the forum, but found nothing about it.

(I only registered because of trying out the translation, but I don't want to have any online storage account.)
So it isn't possible to delete an Avant Online account?

User avatar
MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 7330
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:34 am
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed May 30, 2007 8:46 pm

Not that we're aware of, no ....

Post Reply