Add To Favorites button missing on windows bar

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Phill Daniel
Avant Version:

Add To Favorites button missing on windows bar

Post by Phill Daniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:48 am

Hi..

Prior to Ver 11, on the toolbar showing all of the active windows, there were two icons, one of them allowed you to ADD the current window to your IE Favorites.

I cannot find this in Ver 11 and has it been removed completely, or is it just disabled??? I would rather go back to Ver 10, if this function is no longer available !

Phill..

ed_herman
Avant Version:

Re: Add To Favorites button missing on windows bar

Post by ed_herman » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Have you looked at the icons at the top of the favorites box after you click on favorites?

Phill Daniel
Avant Version:

Post by Phill Daniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:14 pm

of course that option is still there... but the two icons on the LHS of the window toolbar are a boon for adding.. reduced keystrokes / mouse clicks... i just know that i DO miss them !!

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Post by bigC » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:05 pm

The only button I remember like that was on the bookmarks bar. Currently, the only way to show those buttons again is by not selecting a root folder for the bookmark bar. Click Bookmarks, right click the Links folder and deselect the set as root option. (this is only available when the use IE favs as bookmarks option is not selected)

Phill Daniel
Avant Version:

Post by Phill Daniel » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:26 pm

yes... they are similar to the buttons that used to appear. basically adding the current page to the bookmarks..

of course by deselecting the links as root means that the whole "bookmarks bar" has changed and I will need to reformat it and see how it pans out..

i might revert back to V10 and stick with that as the original setup (using IE favorites AND the NEW bookmark buttons) was simple and easy to use.

thanx so much for the assistance.

Phill..