Bookmarks

Moderators: André, AvantGuard

Kingsley
Avant Version:

Bookmarks

Post by Kingsley » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi there,

Been using AB for a couple of years now, but today I was confronted bij a rather nasty supprise: The newest version does not use the IE bookmarks, but instead uses some kind of own format.

Now, normally this shouldn't be a problem, but in the last few days I made quite alot of changes due to research. I just found out that AB now uses it's own format next to those of IE.
this change has more or less destroyed my current method of backing up, and on top of that splintered al the files. Have searched mij hd to find the AB bookmarks, but up till now ended up empty handed.

This leaves me with a couple of questions:
* where are the AB bookmarks stored.
* Can the location of that storage folder be changed to either an other partition or remote location.
* How can I convert the IE bookmarks to AB bookmarks
* Or is it possible that AB can be fooled in some way that it continues to use IE format (which would solve most of the problems in an instant).

Bottom line is that I want to backup my bookmarks to one place, in one format, without having the fuzz of multiple formats or location to backup from.

I would like to thank everyone who helps me with these problems in advance, it is much appriciated.

Grtz

Kingsley

MysteryFCM
Administrator
Administrator
Windows Version: 10, 8.0, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Avant Version: 13.00 Build 23
Default engine: Gecko
IE Version: 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
Skin: AthenX

Post by MysteryFCM » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:35 pm

Kingsley
Avant Version:

Post by Kingsley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 am

just with one mouseclick...

bloody brilliant!

thx

funkyblaster
Windows Version: Vista SP1
Avant Version: always the latest
IE Version: 8

Re: Bookmarks

Post by funkyblaster » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:25 am

Hi Kingsley;

I know what you mean. Here's the link to what might be the third-party solution to your problem.

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=16808
Kingsley wrote:Hi there,

Been using AB for a couple of years now, but today I was confronted bij a rather nasty supprise: The newest version does not use the IE bookmarks, but instead uses some kind of own format.

Now, normally this shouldn't be a problem, but in the last few days I made quite alot of changes due to research. I just found out that AB now uses it's own format next to those of IE.
this change has more or less destroyed my current method of backing up, and on top of that splintered al the files. Have searched mij hd to find the AB bookmarks, but up till now ended up empty handed.

This leaves me with a couple of questions:
* where are the AB bookmarks stored.
* Can the location of that storage folder be changed to either an other partition or remote location.
* How can I convert the IE bookmarks to AB bookmarks
* Or is it possible that AB can be fooled in some way that it continues to use IE format (which would solve most of the problems in an instant).

Bottom line is that I want to backup my bookmarks to one place, in one format, without having the fuzz of multiple formats or location to backup from.

I would like to thank everyone who helps me with these problems in advance, it is much appriciated.

Grtz

Kingsley

Kingsley
Avant Version:

Post by Kingsley » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Thx funkyblaster

Have done in the hard way already...
You know; use the AB bookmarks, opening them, then clicking the option of "use IE bookmarks" en saving them al over again.

Nevertheless I will keep your option in mind, just in case I have more bookmarks to convert.

Priciate your reaction!

grtz

kingsley