Avant Browser

Avant Browser community forum
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

When posting a topic about a new skin you have released, follow the sample posts here. If your post does not closely resember the sample post, you risk getting it deleted. This is not to try to make you life difficult, it is to keep a consistent look throughout the forum to assist the downloaders.

Poston: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:44 am 

Windows Version: XPSP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 18
IE Version: 6
I am a new user of Avant.

I have been reading the forum and much appreciate the helpful advice provided by users like Sara.

I would like to change the colour of icons on some skins and maybe mix and match icons from other skins to get a skin that I like.

For example: I would like to color the back button in 3AvantedHornakapopolis Yahoo!.skn to say Green and color the progress bar to Orange. I would like to change the Refresh button to the one used in Office XP or maybe the one used in (CRS) VistaCrystal keeping the overall feel of 3AvantedHornakapopolis Yahoo!.skn

I downloaded ABSF.exe from here and tried to follow the instructions provided by Sara in this post. However, I could not set "the Visual Style to Crystal". In fact, Crystal does not even appear under Visual Style.

I also tried following the instructions in this post - Changing Color of Skins but was unsuccesfull.

The Icon Library link mentioned in the Help file is no longer valid.

I tried to open the skins I had downloaded in ABSF but got the message "Invalid Stream Format".

I have no idea where I can download a .bmp file in the colors I want for a back arrow or the refresh icon.

Is there anything that will maybe strip the icons from the skins in .bmp format which I can then use in ABSF?

Or alternatively, can I import downloaded skins into ABSF? If so, how?

As you would have realised by now, my knowledge of software is limited to using it appropriately, so I would be very happy to recieve any help I can.

Thanks in advance, Will

Post Reply #1 on: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:42 am 
Contributor
Contributor
Fan

Windows Version: Win XP Pro SP3
Avant Version: USB 11.7 B35
IE Version: 6 & 7
You have the wrong version of Skin maker.
Download from Here

Post Reply #2 on: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:19 pm 

Windows Version: XPSP2
Avant Version: 11.7 Build 18
IE Version: 6
Thanks CRS

Now how do I change the icon colours or get new icons and/or mix and match icons

Something like your Vista Crystal

Cheers, Will