Unable To Upload Skin To New Skin Site

Post general questions related to skin development here. Skins in development may also be placed here to solicit comments.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Forum rules
When posting a topic about a new skin you have released, follow the sample posts here. If your post does not closely resember the sample post, you risk getting it deleted. This is not to try to make you life difficult, it is to keep a consistent look throughout the forum to assist the downloaders.
Balefire
Contributor
Contributor
Windows Version: XP Home
Avant Version: 2011 Alpha 1
IE Version: IE8

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:30 am

OK, Sara & Hornakapopolis, I sent a screenprint of the form to Hornakapopolis at his gmail account and I PMed him. I have to turn in now. So, goodnight all catch ya later

Dan McHenney

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unable To Upload Skin To New Skin Site

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:51 am

Success at last! I finally got one thru. I changed some wording in the files and used a zip file for the .skn and it went thru. Let me know if its OK.
Thanks for all the help. Later

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:36 pm

OK, I was able to get two skins thru, but the original skin that started all of this will not go thru. I have done everything I can think of to make it like the two that made it and it still won't go. So, I'm burnt out with it. If one of you would try
and get it thru I would appriciate it. Later

Dan McHenney

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:27 pm

Maybe it's too large. I tried to upload a skin a few days ago that was from the old site that refused to load, although it looked like it was uploading.............then I got the blank screen like you are speaking of. It was a pretty large skin......3.6mb. There may be a size limitation here...........not sure though.

Pip

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi Pip! I think you may be correct. I am going to see if I can reduce it's size some way and try again. Thanks :)

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:15 pm

Most of the skin files I have made are abour 4.19 mg and they have went thru but the one that would not go was a little larger. I tried to reduce the size but that changed the looks so I'm giving up on that one. I have been able to upload three skins. At least I got the blue submission accepted screen. I hope they are there. haha I did convert them all to zip files
that seemed to work. I also changed the writing of the titles on all of the
associated items to a more computer basic form. Instead of using for instance "Sunset Seven" I would use "sunset_seven" for everything.
I really don't if that makes any difference or not. Due to the sequence of events it seems that it might make a difference. Yes, I'm crazy now so I'm going to rest a while. Later

Pip
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Avant Version: 2012Ultimate V171
IE Version: IE9

Post by Pip » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:28 pm

I approved the skins Balefire and downloaded the Sunrise Seven skin, and it all went well.

Pip

Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Thanks Pip I'm glad it all went smooth. Later

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Post by hornakapopolis » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:46 am

Balefire wrote:Instead of using for instance "Sunset Seven" I would use "sunset_seven" for everything.
I got your PMs and e-mail, but haven't had a chance to take more than a quick look. (Tons of posts to read before bed) Removing the space from the file name was going to be my first suggestions, although I hope that's really not the problem as that seems it will be a pain.

So, is everything up now? That Sunset Seven is the one you e-mailed me the screenshot to, right?

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:18 am

Hi hornakapopolis, the one I emailed you was Evening Shadows. That thing never got uploaded. If you saw Pip's post about the size of the file. I think thats what was wrong with it. It was the size of the bmp file that the skin was made with and re-working it to a smaller size ruined the effect of it so I am just going to forget it for now. After changing the file language to omit spaces I didn't have any problems uploading the others. Thanks for all the help. But I am really not sure that removing the spaces was necessary. I will have to experiment with it later.

Balefire
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Balefire » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:45 am

I just uploaded two more skins.One of them BattyBlue would not go at first. I had to change the size of the bitmap file the skin was made with to get it to go. On it I did change the file name.The other Fijirama was already an acceptable size and I didn't change anything in the file wording and it went. So, file size is very important. Is there anyway we can learn exactly what the desired file size is or what limit not to exceed?

Dan McHenney