Internet Options, New Windows button and more

Suggestions for making Orca Browser even better go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Evenin
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: none
IE Version: none

Internet Options, New Windows button and more

Post by Evenin » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:57 am

Guys,
I loved this browser, but it hasn't some important features, things that at last me use frequently, as:

- In the Tools menu > Internet Options !

Configuration from Control Panel. Not little options for the browser, the whole control of internet configuration. Came from Internet Explorer, I used all time when I had the Maxthon, MyIE2, GreenBrowser. Now with Orca I must do all the way to CPanel and find the icon to clear temporary files and cookies, change other setting and more. Please you have to improve this.

- Status Bar Button: Open Links in New Window !

Another tool that I'm allways using. Some various sites have buttons to downloads that open in the same windows and you can't right click. You want to click 2 or more buttons, you can't. You need to click one, wait to open page, duplicate the page, go back, do the same whichfor times you want to open buttons. It's awful. Item that must be.

Antoher cool settings missing

- New Tab: Auto drag copied url

Not a important item, but Greenbrowser showed it, I thought was amazing! You copy a url from anywhere and, when open blank tab, the url is there, don't need to "past"! Really cool.

- Management Bar: Close Tabs from Left / Right

Another simple button, frequent used. You have 3 tabs from one site, then.. 7 tabs from wherever. Do click "close all tabs from right" and maintain the tabs from the site you wanted. Relief the browser, cool button.

- Auto fill forms

Yeah.. i like the system that Orca has, but.. like other browsers, would be nice if you open the site and there was your information on form, you just click "submit" to enter. Than you don't need to go looking for the address somewhere in the menu. Orca's already option is good when you have more that one account in the same site and log diferent users btw.

For now this is it. I congrat you for the beautful browser and all personalizable style, good skins, functional, all we wanted. Continue with the great job, you're the best!

best regards,

Evenin ♠

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Internet Options, New Windows button and more

Post by hornakapopolis » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Please read number 4 in this thread. Although, since these are requests, you probably won't see much in terms of actual thread response here, anyway. But if that's what you were looking for, keep that forum rule in mind.
Evenin wrote:- In the Tools menu > Internet Options !
Keep in mind that all of the browsers you listed are IE based browsers. Orca is not (it uses the Gecko rendering engine from Firefox), so there's really no need to have access to that in Orca. Orca's temporary files, cookies, etc. are all handled independently from those settings in Internet Options. Avant is IE based and you'll see that it has Internet Options in its Tools menu.

Evenin wrote:- Status Bar Button: Open Links in New Window !
In the meantime, have you tried Shift+Click or Ctrl+Shift+Click for these specific links? You can also use the middle-mouse-button click, but that doesn't always work for things like buttons where those first two have worked for me.

Until this is implemented, I think those are your only choices, but they do work
Evenin wrote:- New Tab: Auto drag copied url

Not a important item, but Greenbrowser showed it, I thought was amazing! You copy a url from anywhere and, when open blank tab, the url is there, don't need to "past"! Really cool.
Did the URL automatically load? If you had to click "Go" or press "Enter" Avant's From Clipboard option under the "Go" button only adds one click until this feature is implemented.

edit: If you use the Add-ons bar, try installing this add-on. (Note: there's an Avant and Orca version, so make sure you get the Orca version. That's what my link points to, but sometimes the page will jump if images take a while to load, etc.)
Evenin wrote:- Management Bar: Close Tabs from Left / Right
This is available by right-clicking the tab
Evenin wrote:- Auto fill forms
Personally, I hate this feature, but I'm 99% sure the Firefox engine has it. You might have to open about:config in Orca to turn it on.

edit: Try changing signon.rememberSignons to True in about:config.

So, keep in mind, no one knows what is going to be implemented in Orca, but if 1000 people think you have a good idea here for one suggestion and 300 think another one is equally as good, having them all in one thread is going to make it hard to tell. (However, I think the days where any of that matters is over anyway. It's more important if you're having specific issues and decide to post about those.)

Also, keep in mind that ways to implement a specific function might not always be included, so if the functionality is there, you might just have to adjust to doing that way... like the "Close tabs to the left/right" thing. Or if the option to open all links in a new tab is created, it might not be turned on by a button in the status bar. (By the way, you might check the Scripts and Button Releases forum for that. I did a quick once-over and didn't see it, but I could have sworn it was there. And if not, you could always ask for someone to make one in this forum (I presume would be the best place to ask).