Weird -- Orca updated itself to Avant

Orca bug reports go here, and only here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Weird -- Orca updated itself to Avant

Post by mbrazil » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:39 am

I rebooted my computer earlier this evening, and when I started Orca, I got a dialog box saying that a new version of Orca was available. Knowing that there have been no plans to update Orca as the gecko engine is being merged into Avant, I told it to go ahead and do the upgrade anyway, just to see what would happen.

It apparently downloaded the current build of Avant (11.9.0.18), Released 5.27.2011) and installed it in the Orca program folder. Orca still works, although it now has the Avant tray icon. As far as I know, that's the only problem that resulted from Orca thinking it had an update available. I'll probably fix the tray icon problem manually and delete the unneeded Avant files from the Orca folder. Hopefully that will put things back the way they were.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Weird -- Orca updated itself to Avant

Post by xiaobing » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:28 am

I told it to go ahead and do the upgrade anyway
Orca browser update itself automatically or redirect you to the download page and let you download the new version?

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Re: Weird -- Orca updated itself to Avant

Post by mbrazil » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:50 am

At this point I can't remember for sure. However, I'm pretty sure that when it told me an update was available, and I agreed to the update, it updated itself.