I lost my add-ons

Orca bug reports go here, and only here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

wazib
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2017 Ultimate b.7
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.0
Skin: crystal

I lost my add-ons

Post by wazib » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:27 am

I use Orca Browser v. 1.2 b.6 on Windows XP SP3 HE. I lost my add-ons (list of extensions are empty). Later I store bookmarks and other elements local (in my computer) and everything was OK. Now I use online storage of bookmarks, autofills and so on and I lost my add-ons (extensions). I describe in points steps of my procedure:
1. I open Orca Browser, log to my online account, open site: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ and install new extension (program restart). After restart I make sure the extension was install correctly. I open Tools - Add-ons and click icone "Extensions". I close Orca.
2. I open Orca Browser and switch account (File - My account - Switch account..) to my local account. I close Orca.
3. I open Orca Browser, switch account and log to my online storage. I open "Add-ons", click "Extensions" and list of extensions are empty.
Last edited by bigC on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Orca Bug Reports

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: I lost my add-ons

Post by kudos » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:17 pm

The online storage server does not cater for Mozilla extensions, only for Avant/Orca settings. But I admit that it is strange that if you are on the same computer with the same user account that it does not see the previously saved extensions. I shall look at that later when I have some free time and will post my findings.

Out of curiosity (and to do a fair comparative test) which extensions were you using?

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

wazib
Avant Fanatic
Avant Fanatic
Windows Version: Win 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2017 Ultimate b.7
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11.0
Skin: crystal

Post by wazib » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:11 pm

I use UnMHT to open saved in "mth" sites and FlashGot with Orbit Downloader to save files when I download files. I saw 2 rules:
1. Open Orca . Open window "online storage" - check off (empty) parameter "log me in automatically". Write down a password and log to my online storage. Browser has a list of extensions set for local account up (online storage have uses local extensions).
2. In window "Online storage" - parameter "log me in automatically" is check on (chosen). When I open Orca program automatically log to my online account. List of extensions depend of open Orca Browser previous time. If Orca use local account (prev. time) and now log to online account - list of extensions are empty. If Orca previous use online storage and next time again online storage, everything is OK.

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:09 pm

wazib wrote:parameter "log me in automatically" is check on
Thank you for the detailed steps. I can confirm that when the online storage automatic logon box is checked, Orca creates a new mozdata folder in the email account folder and uses that rather that the local account mozdata folder.

I shall create a ticket for this in the bug tracker.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

mbrazil
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 28
Default engine: Gecko (Firefox)
IE Version: 10
Skin: Monai XP

Post by mbrazil » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 am

wazib wrote:1. Open Orca . Open window "online storage" - check off (empty) parameter "log me in automatically". Write down a password and log to my online storage. Browser has a list of extensions set for local account up (online storage have uses local extensions).
2. In window "Online storage" - parameter "log me in automatically" is check on (chosen). When I open Orca program automatically log to my online account. List of extensions depend of open Orca Browser previous time. If Orca use local account (prev. time) and now log to online account - list of extensions are empty. If Orca previous use online storage and next time again online storage, everything is OK.

I lose most or all of my extensions fairly often after an Orca crash, and I've always had Online Storage set up this way. Hopefully, Anderson will have the new version of Avant that uses multiple rendering engines available soon, since there is no update work being done on Orca anymore.