Links in Windows Live Mail open in Avant

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

RAFCRIK
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.6 build 11
IE Version: none

Links in Windows Live Mail open in Avant

Post by RAFCRIK » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Hello,

I use Orca as my standard browser, but when I click on links in Windows Live Mail (the standalone program), they open in Avant Browser.

I want that to be Orca as well. On my Vista laptop, this isn't a problem, but on my pc with Windows 7 it seems to be. I of course have Orca as my default browser, and I also did that trick via Control Panel to allocate "default programs".

Thanks in advance for your help.

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Re: Links in Windows Live Mail open in Avant

Post by AXEMAN » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:07 pm

HEY bro as of now there will be no more updates for orca. Avant and orca will be merged together so there will be only one browser.Have you tried other browsers.Right now i have firefox and at the moment it is my default browser but i also have avant and IE installed and there is a shortcut for each on my desktop. This merger should be soon. all ya have to to do is make what ever one you want to use make your default browser as far as avant goes i never heard of that before I will check it out.But you should remove your avant completley from add and remove then look in c/program if you see the folder delete it as well after that reinstall avant .Also back up your bookmarks FIRST. :)

RAFCRIK
Windows Version: XP
Avant Version: 11.6 build 11
IE Version: none

Post by RAFCRIK » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm

But I need Avant for some sites that don't work properly with a Firefox engine...

AXEMAN
Avantic Elite
Avantic Elite
Windows Version: WIN 7 64 BIT
Avant Version: THE LATEST
IE Version: 9

Post by AXEMAN » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Iunderstand what you are saying bud .But you did read what i said .I don't build these things i just tell you what i know. Maby it will have both geko and trident. :)