Online storage failure?

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

archaeum
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate
Avant Version: 11.7 b23
IE Version: 7 is installed

Online storage failure?

Post by archaeum » Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm

I fired up Orca today to find all of my bookmarks completely gone. It says it's connected to online storage and it appears to be attempting to upload a continuous stream of "personal data" (despite the fact that I just had Orca clear all records). Naturally I would be very irritated if I lost all of my bookmarks, especially if the online storage was somehow corrupted.

I randomly fired up Avant to see if it would have all my old bookmarks, and it actually does, which is suprising. I am using the 2011 beta 11 version right now, and I can't find any options for online storage. Is it handled differently in 2011? Either way, I am wondering if there's any way for me to pipe my existing bookmarks which I clearly still have in Avant back into Orca.

Thanks

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Online storage failure?

Post by xiaobing » Wed May 25, 2011 2:59 am

You can export the bookmarks in Avant to a .html file(File>export bookmarks) and then import this file into orca(File>import>bookmarks from mozilla/firefox>choose the .html file)

archaeum
Windows Version: Vista Ultimate
Avant Version: 11.7 b23
IE Version: 7 is installed

Re: Online storage failure?

Post by archaeum » Wed May 25, 2011 6:30 am

Thank you!