Mozalloc.dll Snafu on Orca?

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

keimanzero
Windows Version: Windows 7
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Mozalloc.dll Snafu on Orca?

Post by keimanzero » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:16 am

:wtf: I am bewildered gang. Just recently like a few days ago Orca started being quite nasty. First it stole all my videos and audio files and hid them. I finally found them in downloads and documents!

Now whenever I pull up Orca browser to use I get an idiotic dialogue box reading as follows:

Upper left corner: orca.exe - System Error

Body of block: This program can't start because Mozalloc.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Lower right: OK pad

Try as I might I just cannot solve this problem. I can find no mozalloc.dll to reinstall and everyone tells me it's malware anyway except for my security devices Norton 360, CCleaner, Registry Booster 2010, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials which all come up clean.

I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled and DLed/re-DLed/reinstalled Orca more times than I care to remember all w/o success. Problem is the box disappears after a double click twice on it and the box that appears after the first one vamooses. Then it crashes Orca. Then Orca comes up and goes white screen meaning it must be shut down. In between it crashes Adobe Flash, Shockwave and Reader.

Short of doing a complete recovery (System Restore does not solve the issues) what can I do? If I can reinstall this then can't I eliminate it totally from the system? I run Windows 7 on an HP Pavilion Home Premium desktop PC and I use Orca as my default browser.

I use Orca because at first it was allowing Flash, SW and Reader from Adobe w/o crashing them or itself. Since Avant is a sister to Orca sort of could Avant accomplish this same gaming and games access? Is it worth switching at least temporarily to Avant? Can anyone help me here? Thanks- JKMc/K&K- Brookhaven PA-USA :twisted:

bigC
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: 10
Avant Version: 2016 Build 1
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: 11
Skin: Crystal

Re: Mozalloc.dll Snafu on Orca?

Post by bigC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 pm