Orca not displaying pages correctly. Java issue?

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

Nixxxed
Windows Version: xxx
Avant Version: xxx
Default engine: xxx
IE Version: xxx
Skin: xxx

Orca not displaying pages correctly. Java issue?

Post by Nixxxed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 am

Orca is suddenly displaying webpages as though it were 1995. I'm using 1-2-2, because 1-2-5 didn't work on my machine. I uninstalled and reinstalled today to no change.

These are Photobucket links to screencaps that show the difference between how Orca and Avant are rendering the same page:

Orca: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q196 ... 112909.jpg

Avant: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q196 ... 112909.jpg

I had a hunch it might be a Java issue. Right before Orca started doing this, I was using eBay's TurboLister program. I know TurboLister uses Java. It was making a backup of my account database. I'm not sure how the two programs tie into each other, besides offering webpage previews for auction listings as I'm writing them.

I updated Java to the latest version, and I've checked everything else I can think of. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to track down what the problem is?

Nixxxed
Windows Version: xxx
Avant Version: xxx
Default engine: xxx
IE Version: xxx
Skin: xxx

Re: Orca not displaying pages correctly. Java issue?

Post by Nixxxed » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 am

I completely wiped Java from my machine, and re-reinstalled, and everything seems to be working now.

But it has brought up another question about Java and Orca:

In the Java Control Panel, the "Default Java for browsers" should be set to Mozilla, correct? I also use Avant for some pages that Orca doesn't like. Can both Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla family be checked, or is it one or the other?