Orca closing itself

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

mistere57
Windows Version: Windows XP Professional SP3
Avant Version: .7 build 35
IE Version: IE 8

Orca closing itself

Post by mistere57 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

hi am new to the Orca browser but have been using Avant for over a year i guess... i've been experiencing problems with Orca (1.2 build 5) it suddenly terminates as in totally closes itself... can't point to any particular website as i've noticed that it happens randomly like when i'm on my rapidshare account, browsing facebook, checking yahoo, or just searching using google...

what ive noticed though is that it seems to try and retrieve the website and then it suddenly locks up and after 10 to 20 seconds it just closes everything including the system tray icon... this is quite annoying especially when downloading files from some websites...

tried testing if the problem may be triggered by may internet connection or something using ping while browsing... experienced the same problem once but no skips in the ping replies... hope you can help me out as i do find Orca a bit faster than Avant (or is it just my perception?)... using Windows XP Pro SP3... 2GB Corsair memory... Pentium Duo 2.66

sorry if this is the wrong area to post this question... thanks~!

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Orca closing itself

Post by kudos » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 pm

I moved your question to its own topic, please do not hijack other threads.

Anyway, can you tell me if there is any other software running on your computer at the same time (ie anti-malware, etc), and what extensions and plugins do you have installed and listed in: Tools >> Add-ons

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

jasarthur
Windows Version: XP Pro
Avant Version: 11.7, 39
IE Version: N/A

Re: Orca closing itself

Post by jasarthur » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 pm

I've had the same thing happen with Avant. One second you're looking at a site, the next...it's closed up without warning!