Cookie management.

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

TheAJKMan
Windows Version: XP Pro
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: N/A

Cookie management.

Post by TheAJKMan » Mon May 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi there folks

I found the Orca browser on a PC magazine I buy and thought to try it out. Was looking for the cookie management bit and cannot seem to find it. What I'm essentially wanting is to block certain specific sites and allow others. Is there a way to do this in Orca as there is in FF/Flock. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Your help would be greatly appreciated
TheAJKMan
PS. I have tried to access the help section, but it gives me the usual page can't be found error. Is there no offline help??

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Cookie management.

Post by kudos » Mon May 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Since Orca uses the Firefox/Mozilla/Gecko engine, there are several "hidden" pages that you can access:

The Firefox/Gecko cookie page with this link:

Code: Select all

chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul
The cookie exception management page with this link:

Code: Select all

chrome://browser/content/preferences/permissions.xul
It is also possible to access the complete "options" dialog, but you can really mess things up if you start fiddling with that, although a forum search would reveal how to get it.

Many of the Firefox extensions available also work with Orca, so that may be an easier route to take. Take a look at the Wiki for some extensions that have been reported, or just search and try some.

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Post by kudos » Mon May 25, 2009 8:57 pm

By the way, your profile states that you are using Orca 1.1 RC3 which is very old and buggy. Please update to the latest version which is v1.1 build 3.

There is currently no offline help..

.:Volunteer support staff (regular user):.
I am not a member of the Avant / Orca development team
Please search this forum / the Wiki before posting questions
Forum Rules | Frequently Asked Questions | Active Topics

TheAJKMan

Post by TheAJKMan » Mon May 25, 2009 11:35 pm

Sorry, should actually update that, when I joined it was that RC version that I was using, have since updated the browser to the latest version. WIll have a look at those two ideas there and try them out. Not scared of trying a new thing, and as this is not my primary browser ..... :) If I crash it spectacularly, then I haven't lost too much, if anything, have learnt something new :D Will definately look at the Wiki and perhaps an addon for cookie management. Like the browser so far.

TheAJKMan

Post by TheAJKMan » Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 am

Just another question, why is ti that when I block a cookie using the above two pages that they DO NOT stay blocked. The cookies keep reappearing even after being blocked AND removed.