Compatibility w/ IntelliMouse Explorer & Fingerprint Reader

Requests for help with Orca Browser go here. Note that Orca is no longer in development, and no new builds or versions of Orca are planned.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

tomw82
Windows Version: XP SP2
Avant Version: N/A
IE Version: 6

Compatibility w/ IntelliMouse Explorer & Fingerprint Reader

Post by tomw82 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:06 pm

I really like Orca Browser but there are 2 bugs I have, focused around 2 MS products I have:

- Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0: I really like this mouse, and everything works fine with IE, but in Orca and Firefox, only the basic functions work. I cannot get the middle click to work as copy (ctrl+c) and the large side click as paste (ctrl+V). This is how I like to have it set up but Orca doesn't seem to recognise any clicks other then the main 2 buttons. I even tried setting up program specific buttons within the IntelliMouse options but this didn't work either. Anyone know how I can get my mouse working fully with Orca, or if this compatibility can be fixed in later versions?

- Microsoft FingerPrint Reader: this worked fine with IE, almost fine with Avant, but not at all with Orca (or Firefox). I have tried installing the FingerFox SE extension but this does not work with Orca. It installs but then does nothing. It works with Firefox, although it is not an ideal solution as you have to click a button put there by Fingerfox first and then press your fingerprint reader, rather than just press it when on a login page as you would in IE. Again, does anyone know how I can get this product to work with Orca?

Thanks

kudos
Support Staff²
Support Staff²
Avant Version:

Re: Compatibility w/ IntelliMouse Explorer & Fingerprint Reader

Post by kudos » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 pm

tomw82 wrote:Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0
I have heard from Mozilla forums that the Microsoft IntelliPoint software is the problem - it should work fine if you don't use it. Once it works with Firefox the it should work fine with Orca.
tomw82 wrote:Microsoft FingerPrint Reader
Try FingerAuth Password Manager - a recommended extension from Firefox users.

These questions are best asked on a Firefox forum since there are not directly related to Orca.