SAVE PAGE FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

ulTRAX
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

SAVE PAGE FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK

Post by ulTRAX » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I've noticed this bug for a while but I just did a test to confirm using standalone Firefox and Avant Firefox... the latest version of Ultimate.

If I use the FILE > SAVE > SAVE function of a page... say a post here at the forum... the save works.

If If I use the FILE > SAVE > SAVE HTML function... it goes through the motions of a save... but nothing is saved. AND if there's an existing page... it will ask if can be overwritten... but even then, it won't update.

Please check into this since it's driving me nuts when I thought I saved pages only to find out I didn't.

Thanks!

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: SAVE PAGE FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK

Post by hornakapopolis » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm

You specifically mentioned Firefox. Does it work with any other engine? It works for me using Chrome's engine and when I tried it again using Firefox's it work, too.

And to be clear, when you try it overwriting, it's clearly not a file Avant has already saved, right? ...since it can't save. It certainly makes it sound like the issue is Avant being able to write to the drive. Have you tried it on any other drives, be they thumbdrives, external hard drives, etc.?

ulTRAX
Semi-Fan
Semi-Fan
Avant Version:

Re: SAVE PAGE FUNCTION DOESN'T WORK

Post by ulTRAX » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:53 am

Thanks for the reply. I only use Firefox in Ultimate. I never use IE and I routinely delete the Chrome folder... because it sometimes shows that it's active in Task Manager when I've never used it... and I don't trust Google. That was not the case in the latest tests.

So any file I'm trying to overwrite WOULD have been created in Avant Firefox using the first SAVE > SAVE option not the SAVE > SAVE HTML one.