Avant Browser Ultimate Update Crash

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

spaztech
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Always the Latest
Default engine: Chrome
IE Version: Always the Latest
Skin: Tristan

Avant Browser Ultimate Update Crash

Post by spaztech » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:46 am

3 times recently my pc comes to a full crash. After a restart, and opening Avant Browser, the Avant Browser Page comes up instead of my Homepage. Also, all of my settings have been reset to Avant Browser stock/original settings. This leads me to believe that each of these crashes has been an automated update. I have set the options to NOT auto install updates. Please, can we find a resolution to this?

Thank you
Jim.

hornakapopolis
AvantGuard
AvantGuard
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 64
Avant Version: 2015
IE Version: 11
Skin: Stickers

Re: Avant Browser Ultimate Update Crash

Post by hornakapopolis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:40 am

Can you clarify what and why leads you to believe this is an automatic update issue? An automatic update isn't designed to crash a computer (obviously) nor reset all of the browser settings. So, what aspects are making you think automatic update?

spaztech
Windows Version: Windows 10
Avant Version: Always the Latest
IE Version: Always the Latest
Skin: Tristan

Re: Avant Browser Ultimate Update Crash

Post by spaztech » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:17 am

it always happens when I am online with Avant Browser. This last time it froze the whole pc , had to do a cold reboot. This was the first time it froze the pc. After the crash, upon opening Avant, all my ssettings are back to new install (rendering engine, search engine, bookmarks, homepage, avant options, window size, skin, and all other customizations). Unlike any other type of crash where Avant asks if I want to open the pages that I was in when Avant crashed. Each time this has happened, I have been at my everyday websites, no new websites that could cause surprises. No other applications have been open when this happens. No other applications have caused any crashes.