Avant Ultimate 2016 build 7 - Chrome Issue

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

blueadept
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
Avant Version: Avant Ultimate 186
IE Version: IE 9

Avant Ultimate 2016 build 7 - Chrome Issue

Post by blueadept » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:19 pm

I have chrome as the default engine. I was on build 5 and didnt have a problem with pages loading, but when I installed 7, I did not get the chrome ball in the address bar and no page would load. If I put it on firefox engine, it would work.
I uninstalled build 7 and went back to 5 and changed the engine back to chrome and had no problems. Uninstalled 5 and went to 7 and could not load any pages again on chrome.

I am back on 5 for now. When I go home, I will try it on my laptop to see if it is an issue with my pc or the build.

There is one other minor bug I have (and have had for a while) across multiple machines using the chrome engine. If I try to log into a login protected site, the screen goes white and have to open another window before it I can see the contents. They are mainly internal sites that use webmin, webmail, our in house website or similar sites. I think it may be only ssl sites. I am not 100%.

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: Avant Ultimate 2016 build 7 - Chrome Issue

Post by xiaobing » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:29 am

Do you use win7 system? Is there webkit.exe in the task manager when you try to open webpage with chrome engine?

blueadept

Post by blueadept » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:28 pm

I am running windows 10. I had looked in task manager to make sure there was not a hung chrome core (webkit.exe) but there was not. I also rebooted just to make sure. The issue remained after reboot.

I did not have time last night to try to install the new version at home (also windows 10). I will try to do it tonight.

blueadept

Post by blueadept » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm

I installed the newest version on my laptop and I do not have any problem. My laptop is also windows 10. Must be something with my work pc and not with the update. Sorry for the problem.