I Fixed 4 Problems - CPU Usage 100%, AB Not Responding, Tab Rendering & AFfrmOpalBottom Lockup

Please put your bug reports here, and only here.

Moderators: Support Staff², Support Staff, AvantGuard, Developer

ehamady
Fan
Fan
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Avant Version: 2015 Ultimate Build 12
Default engine: IE11 Standards
IE Version: IE11
Skin: AthenX

I Fixed 4 Problems - CPU Usage 100%, AB Not Responding, Tab Rendering & AFfrmOpalBottom Lockup

Post by ehamady » Sun May 31, 2015 3:17 pm

I fixed the 4 main problems I was having with Avant!

I'm a software engineer and decided that enough was enough, so I got some Mountain Dew, sat down and focused for a few hours. Here are the soulutions I found:

Problems 1. & 2. CPU Usage 100% & AB Not Responding Lockup:
Image . Image

These 2 problems were by far the worst of the 4. In Tools -> IE -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Accelerated graphics, I checked the "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*" box. This fixed both problems and the browser is finally running at the proper speed and not bogging down or locking up. YouTube videos used to slow browsing down to a crawl and they run fine now.

Problems 3. & 4. Multiple Tab Window Border Rendering & AFfrmOpalBottom Lockup:

The border rendering problem (see "Red Wings" tab window border above) has frustrated me for over 2 years. I decided to check the version of my video card driver on the NVIDIA website and the page told me I needed to upgrade my version of JAVA. Upgrading to the latest version of JAVA fixed both problems, although I'm not sure why. I'm certainly not going to question it.

------

I haven't had a single lockup in 24 hours. AB used to lock every 10-15 minutes. I passed this info along to friends having the same problems and it worked for them too. Avant is usable for me again!!!
Last edited by ehamady on Sun May 31, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Nederpietos
Semi-Avantic
Semi-Avantic
Windows Version: 10 pro
Avant Version: 2018 build 7 ult
Default engine: Firefox
IE Version: IE11
Skin: stickers on blue

Re: I Fixed CPU Usage, Not Responding, Rendering & AFfrmOpalBottom Problems!

Post by Nederpietos » Sun May 31, 2015 10:39 pm

Good thing you solved it, maybe it's a solution for other users also.

There's even a fix for it, though it's only a matter of checking or unchecking an option like you did.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2528233

xiaobing
Support Staff
Support Staff
Windows Version: xp/win7 64/win8
Avant Version: latest version
Default engine: firefox/chrome/IE
IE Version: 8/9/10
Skin: aero glass/opal glas

Re: I Fixed 4 Problems - CPU Usage 100%, AB Not Responding, Tab Rendering & AFfrmOpalBottom Lockup

Post by xiaobing » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks for sharing your solutions. Glad to see that your the problems have been solved,